FORUMS: list search recent posts

Optimize Media ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Lonigro
Optimize Media ?
on Jan 23, 2014 at 1:56:59 am

I have imported an MP4 file into an event and selected optimize media. FCP X created a Pro Res file and I can see it in the Transcoded Media-High Quality Media folder when I reveal package contents of the library. However the file in my event is still the MP4. I thought it would switch to the Optimized Pro Res file. How do you import media into an event in FCP 10.1.1 when the library is a package? Is the only way to drag and drop since none of the hidden folders are revealed when you select import media in FCP X

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
Re: Optimize Media ?
on Jan 23, 2014 at 2:39:42 am

The library shows an optimized file as its original format. FCP X is using the optimized file. If you import an MP3 and optimize it FCP creates a wav file for instance. But it shows up in the event as an MP3.

anickt

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Lonigro
on Jan 23, 2014 at 12:38:40 pm

So if I import and H264 clip and have it optimized upon import. My project will show the clip as the H264 but is referencing the optimized Pro Res file?

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Jan 23, 2014 at 1:49:35 pm

Yes - this is from the docs:

In the Media section of the Viewer Options pop-up menu, choose one of the following:

Optimized/Original: Choose this option to use the optimized media (in the the Apple ProRes 422 format) for playback. If optimized media is not available, Final Cut Pro uses the original media for playback.

anickt

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
on Jun 4, 2015 at 7:45:54 pm

I've been importing MP3's from my Finder into my project. I see the file is copied to my library file, in the original media folder. It still has an .mp3 ending. When I look in the inspector, both the green optimized and original are checked. Is it actually optimized? Wouldn't that be an AIFF or WAV file?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]