FORUMS: list search recent posts

First post...need assistance with FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Ruiz
First post...need assistance with FCPX
on Jan 20, 2014 at 9:24:23 pm

I'm hoping this is the right section to post in. Hey everyone, I am Jesse, and a total noob when it comes to video editing. The last editing that I did was about 5 years ago with Camtasia (WinXP). I have been a Mac user for the past 3 years, and would love to learn how to cut videos to help out my wife, who uses iMovie. She loves to film beauty-related Youtube videos. The part she hates is editing them bc it takes her so long (3-4 hrs). I have seen some really good videos on here, and would love to get some tips and guidance to get started.

The FCPX that I have came with Motion and Compressor, so that made itr even more overwhelming for me. What is Motion for? Is Compressor to reduce the file sizes after cutting the video?

We would love to film with two SLRs (5D Mark II and T3i). Is it difficult to edit when using two cameras? I just want her videos to be more interesting. I also would love to create a nice intro that she could use for all her videos.

I usually just film with the cameras on TV or AV mode with about 4-5 lights surrounding my wife to avoid shadows.
Thanks for taking the time to look at my post. I am looking forward to hearing back.

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
Re: First post...need assistance with FCPX
on Jan 20, 2014 at 11:11:27 pm

You can ignore compressor and motion for now. Motion is a great place to create titles and visual effects. Compressor give you control over how to decrease the files sizes.

However, you can do some great titles, effects, and compression within FCPX so I'd focus on learning that first.

Combining 2 cameras is easy when using the multicam function. Google Larry Jordan of watch some youtube tutorials and come back with specific questions.

Good luck!

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, mini-docs.

Return to posts index

Jesse Ruiz
on Jan 21, 2014 at 9:36:10 am

Thanks for the reply Loren. I will put motion and compressor to the side for now. One issue I'm having is videos that I've edited that are 2-3 min long are like 13gb. Am I doing something wrong.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Jan 22, 2014 at 12:41:46 am

[Jesse Ruiz] "One issue I'm having is videos that I've edited that are 2-3 min long are like 13gb. Am I doing something wrong."

Probably not, they're just exporting at their full size. You can try different "Share" settings. You can also share directly to your youtube account which might be easier. X is pretty deep, despite the fact that it's fairly easy to dive into. As previously noted, find some tutorials, watch and digest them, and you'll be good to go! It won't make you edit faster though. That comes with practice... :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]