Never ending render with 10.1.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt DeGennaro
Never ending render with 10.1.1
on Jan 19, 2014 at 3:54:50 pm

Updated to 10.1.1

Loaded updated project

Project renders to 100% - then drops back down to zero - then back to 100% in endless loop.

Tried to send to compressor to burn - get the 3x error.

things I have tried:
Dismantled pulgins - still no go.

I thought it may be a corrupt clip - Was going to use Digital Rebellion corrupt clip finder but that does not work on the new libraries

saw there was a codec update in app store, no nice after installing.
deleted all projected render files, still looping - not burning.

out of ideas - any help would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Never ending render with 10.1.1
on Jan 19, 2014 at 4:35:54 pm

Is it rendering or transcoding?

Return to posts index

Matt DeGennaro
on Jan 19, 2014 at 8:49:02 pm

it's rendering.

Just trying DiskWarrior now, thanks for the suggestions James.

It rebuild the directory and repaired some files.

Fingers crossed.

Return to posts index

Matt DeGennaro
on Jan 19, 2014 at 10:41:31 pm

......and nothing.

it's weird. Everything looks good, no "missing clips" or files that need to be relinked - plays great in timeline, just does not want to export.

I think I just got caught at a horrible time to update before finishing a project.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 19, 2014 at 11:01:28 pm

Did you update to mavericks as well?

If so, try creating a new user and try again.

Return to posts index

Matt DeGennaro
on Jan 19, 2014 at 11:06:26 pm

yeah, I'm updated to Mavericks.

forgive my ineptitude, but try creating what as a new user? The project? Please explain.

thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 19, 2014 at 11:08:58 pm

Create a new a user in the OS.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4053

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jan 20, 2014 at 12:02:02 am

I've seen this work with FCP 7 as well. User accounts can get corrupted and do funny things to pro apps.
Might try repair permissions in disc utility first. Also maybe the drive you are exporting to is assigned the wrong permissions?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

james Lackleter
on Jan 20, 2014 at 6:25:56 am
Last Edited By james Lackleter on Jan 20, 2014 at 6:29:53 am

I think your best bet is clean install of Mavericks, clean install of FCPX, not an update. Diskwarrior on all of the drives, in Diskwarrior be sure to use Repair and Rebuild on all the external drives, just one won't work. Also Disk Utility on HD drive by booting in repair mode, which I'll explain if you don't know.

Or you could always call Apple... I just laughed a bit.

Another thought, why don't you try moving the render location to a new drive and see what happens before you try the above steps, (which is my go to for any program problem really.)

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jan 20, 2014 at 8:19:46 pm

[james Lackleter] "Or you could always call Apple... I just laughed a bit."

It's hit or miss. Try to get transferred to pro apps advisor. Sometimes you get someone who knows something. Have something to do while you wait.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Matt DeGennaro
on Jan 27, 2014 at 4:04:49 pm

Thanks guys for all your suggestions.

I actually did get in touch with Apple. They were actually very helpful. Through trial and error (which included most of the above suggestions) we actually figured out the problem.

The problem was:
-Project did not export to DVD - caught in an endless background render loop.

What fixed it:
-Instead of exporting project to DVD - exported project as Master File

-It got stuck at 0% for an eternity - but finally came back with error message: "The operation could not be completed because an error occurred when creating Frame 32040 (error-1)

-Switched time in preferences to Frames to locate bad frame.

-Disabled clips at and around the frames

-exported Master File again - success with disabled clips

-Deleted event files and put clips back into timeline.

(In my case, I think the bad clip was a cutaway to a scan of a newspaper article. I think the jpeg somehow got corrupted.)

-exported to Master File OK - burned to DVD OK

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jan 28, 2014 at 12:44:56 pm

Did they suggest a way to cancel a b.g. task when it gets stuck. Really it should have been a quick pop-up that says something like unable "unable to complete task ..." A single corrupt frame prevents any work getting done? Not good.

Return to posts index

Matt DeGennaro
on Jan 28, 2014 at 3:05:34 pm

No, they didn't.

I actually had background rendering turned off during the whole troubleshooting process.

But I am surprised there was no helpful error message when trying to export to DVD - something that would tell me why it would not complete. It seemed the only way to get a problem specifc error message was to export to master file.

But hopefully my whole problem had to do with being caught in the middle of an update - and that 10.1.1 is otherwise OK.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]