FORUMS: list search recent posts

Match frame in 10.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Bowser
Match frame in 10.1
on Jan 17, 2014 at 7:24:10 pm

Perhaps I'm doing something wrong, but I'm trying to match frame from a clip in the timeline with Shift-F but all it does it match back to a "used" tag and it maintains the In and the Out of the clip on the timeline. When it hits the out it stops. When I clear the In and Out to play past the out, the playhead jumps to the beginning of the clip, so I lost the frame I was trying to match frame to.

How can I match frame back to a source so that I can continue to edit things in?

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: Match frame in 10.1
on Jan 17, 2014 at 10:37:20 pm

[Dustin Bowser] "How can I match frame back to a source so that I can continue to edit things in?"

It's a bug, or a feature, or something. If you click in or on the range it matches back toin the clip it'll play ok. send feedback, I have and I'm sure we're not the only folks annoyed by this... ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Dustin Bowser
on Jan 17, 2014 at 11:21:53 pm

Are you meaning just click up in the event browser in the general area of the range? Yeah, that's the best I could figure out to do. Hard to do when it's a long clip and your range is tiny. Sort of negates the whole function of doing a match frame.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Jan 17, 2014 at 11:31:08 pm

[Dustin Bowser] "Are you meaning just click up in the event browser in the general area of the range? "

Yep...

[Dustin Bowser] " Hard to do when it's a long clip and your range is tiny."

Agreed, most of my source clips are quite long as well... It's annoying, though in Filmstrip view it's not as bad. I made a couple KB shortcuts to pop in and out of that view for this reason, and finer audio i/o setting. Unfortunately, Be nice if they fix this though, I don't like to use filmstrip view much... :-/

-------------------------------------------------------------

~ My FCPX Babbling blog ~
~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Jerome Heiderscheidt
on Feb 6, 2014 at 10:12:37 am

I've also been very annoyed by this behaviour, as for me, most of the time, the whole point of match frame is to watch what's beyond the in or out point of a clip in the timeline.

I have however found a great workaround : after hitting shift-f, I just zoom in and/or out using keyboard shortcuts - and that's it - it will now play beyond the out (or in) point. Much faster than clearing the range , having the playhead jump to the beginning and finding your way back to where you were.

Jerome Heiderscheidt
http://www.studio-ubik.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]