FORUMS: list search recent posts

101.1 Update Fixes some but not all bugs

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Smith
101.1 Update Fixes some but not all bugs
on Jan 17, 2014 at 12:16:22 pm

The two bugs that, pardon me, 'bug' me the most remain.

Project XML export reverts Transform Position keyframes from 'Linear' back to their default 'Smooth'.

Click to keyframe (for the first time) a Position keyframe and draw your mouse away. The first attempt doesn't 'stick'. From that point on keyframes set normally.

On the first issue I had set MANY Position keyframes to 'Linear' and had to spend quite a bit of time going through the XML import to change the 'Smooth' setting back to 'Linear' where I had them at the time I exported the XML.

I can't tell you how many times I set a Position keyframe only to discover a moment later when checking my movement that the first keyframe set didn't 'take'.

This was checked on my mid-2012 MacBook Pro (Thunderbolt) which was max-ed out in every category at the time of purchase.

Don Smith

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: 101.1 Update Fixes some but not all bugs
on Jan 17, 2014 at 1:01:08 pm

I still wouldn't rely on XML for such fine details. If you need to transport project files back and forth, just use a library with just the project in it and transport the project back and forth sans media. Pretty similar to pre 10.1 or legacy.

Return to posts index

Tom DeAngelis
Re: 101.1 Update Fixes some but not all bugs
on Jan 21, 2014 at 5:24:50 pm

Since the 10.1 upgrade I have lost all search control of my tape decks: a Sony HVR M25U for HDV and a DsR-40 for SD DvCam. The "j" and "L" keys no longer control the decks and the search controls on the import screen are "grayed out".
I purchased new generation Bella keyboards and connected Apple's own keyboard; all to no avail.
Support at Bella has suggested that Apple changed the shortcuts in updating to 10.1. I hoped 10.1.1 would address this problem but it has not.
Has anyone experienced this problem and found a fix for it?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]