FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX 10.1, mavericks user sharing media with FCPX 10.09 older OS user

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
casey lieb
FCPX 10.1, mavericks user sharing media with FCPX 10.09 older OS user
on Jan 17, 2014 at 4:03:36 am

I recently updated my OS to Mavericks on my Mac Pro and also updated to FCP to version 10.1. I've had no issues until today, trying to share media with a coworker who hasn't updated his OS or FCP in awhile. He wants to share a project with me, so he duplicated the project onto my external drive containing the other media I am working with. (A method we've successfully used in the past. I need to reuse some elements in his older project.)

However, on this external drive, the final cut project file will not open in FCPX 10.1. Instead, it launches TextEdit and refuses to open manually in FCPX 10.1.

I haven't found much helpful info on sharing with a user that's not running the same software versions and I'm wondering if it's even possible. My coworker would rather not update his machine until this current project we're working on is complete, for fear of losing media or other things going wrong before we deliver the video.

*additional info. I'm a graphic designer, not a video editor. Self taught, on the job, not very sophisticated in this skill set yet, regularly edits interview footage.

Any advice would be great. My guess is that my coworker simply needs to update in order for him to share his project with me. However, if he does this, I'm still not sure how he needs to export/share this project with me, since I'm not very experienced with the libraries yet.

Thanks!

~Casey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]