FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor 4.1 error when using shared computers

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Frank
Compressor 4.1 error when using shared computers
on Jan 16, 2014 at 3:16:40 pm

Hi,

I installed the latest Compressor which I really like except for one...
If I use the Process on: "shared computers" I get the error Failed 3x or Failed 4x on all process.
What does this mean and how can if be fixed?

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
Re: Compressor 4.1 error when using shared computers
on Jan 16, 2014 at 6:55:16 pm

Do all shared computers have read write access to the same folder where the batches go?

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, mini-docs.

Return to posts index

Thomas Frank
on Jan 17, 2014 at 11:46:21 am

Okay, I created a Shared Folder and it worked for one try but on another I received the following error:

HOST [MAC Pro 7] Error: error from MovieExportFromProceduresToDataRef: error from MovieExportFromProceduresToDataRef: : 10006

and

error: mkdir failed for path = [/Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Compressor/Storage/D8220947-D02E6012/shared

and

Finishing: 3x HOST [Mac Pro 4} Source subexport mount failed: host = Mac-Pro-1.local, path = /Volumes/FCP Raid/...

Also noticed that I don't get any data in the Network Encoding Monitor

Return to posts index

warwick teale
on Jan 21, 2014 at 12:33:16 pm

Hi Tom ,regarding the error you see, (error: mkdir failed for path = [/Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Compressor/Storage/D8220947-D02E6012/shared), just a couple of things you look at:
1. if you are runoff OS server, make confirm the path is shared with access to you r/w (.. it usually is
2. is this cluster storage has been removed previously, itMAY still have similar directory in the .Trash directory. ou may need to remove both of these .

If 2. is true, then
a. stop sharing (don't share computer in Compressor.app 4.1 prefs
b. delete the all the structures (folders) in /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Compressor/Storage / directory
c. attempt to empty the trash on your files systems. (cmd+shift+delete)
d. OPTONALLY: if the Trash won't empty it may be because the serialisation needed to delete the objects in B. is not being honoured. Try to "rm -rf ~/.Trash" contents. If that fails you may need t restart th MAC to resolve the issue d. . The attempt steps c. and d. again

A few people have had this issue.

It may help you
warwick
Hong Kong

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]