FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adding new clips to an existing event folder already (automatically) named on a previous import...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Underwood
Adding new clips to an existing event folder already (automatically) named on a previous import...
on Jan 16, 2014 at 1:29:47 am

My media is organized in many folders in the finder.
Say I've already imported a folder of clips, FCPX used that folder name, all good...
If I add new clips to the folder in the finder, then select that folder for import, will FCPX 10.1 recognize just the new clips it hasn't imported and add them to the folder (which is what I want), OR, will it creat duplicates of the ones from a previous import as well importing the newly added clips?

If there's an easy way to do this, I'd love to learn the best way, as I'm often wanting to add new clips to existing folders in events. Thanks!

~ Steve Underwood

Computer: MacBook Pro, OS X 10.9
Processor: 2.6GHz, Intel Core i7, Memory: 16GB
Intel Iris Pro, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, FCX 10.09
Pegasus 4TB RAID

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
Re: Adding new clips to an existing event folder already (automatically) named on a previous import...
on Jan 16, 2014 at 2:42:28 am

It adds the new clips to the keyword collection, it won't create duplicates.

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Adding new clips to an existing event folder already (automatically) named on a previous import...
on Jan 16, 2014 at 3:08:33 am

It doesn't create folders. It creates keyword collections. And no, it won't create duplicates. Simply open the finder window and drag the new clips directly to the keyword collection in the sidebar of the library (not the window area where the clips are). Or you could drag the whole folder to the event if you don't know which are the new clips and it won't make duplicates. But no need to go through the import window unless it's a format that isn't natively supported.

Return to posts index

Stephen Underwood
on Jan 29, 2014 at 9:05:45 pm

Just wanted to update on this thread... Placing new clips in a finder folder that has had clips previously imported and importing again into an existing keyword collection DOES duplicate the clips that were there from the first import in the keyword collection...

Brett, thanks for the tip on 'drag/drop' from finder...

~ Steve

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 29, 2014 at 10:36:13 pm

Well that's new. I swear that before 10.1 it was impossible to duplicate clips in an event. Strange.

Return to posts index

Stephen Underwood
on Jan 29, 2014 at 10:49:47 pm

Yes... had to go through a number of keyword collections deleting dupes. I looked for a way to do it with a shortcut, but didn't find one. Lesson learned...

~ Steve Underwood

Computer: MacBook Pro, OS X 10.9.1
Processor: 2.6GHz, Intel Core i7, Memory: 16GB
Intel Iris Pro, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, FCX 10.1.1
Pegasus 4TB RAID

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]