FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropping frames in fcpx 10.0.9

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe zabrosky
Dropping frames in fcpx 10.0.9
on Jan 11, 2014 at 9:45:53 am

Hi,

Majorly dropping frames so that 60% of my editing time is spent watching the beach ball. It'll play correctly for a short while then audio and video are out of sync. It's just on playback. when I was doing some isolated edits it was fine and even played well for the first hour and a half (2 hr movie) but as i added my transitions while watching it play in the last half hour nothing but beach ball in the last half hour.

Imac osx 10.7.5, 3.06 ghz intel core 2 duo, 4gb 1067 mhz ram, 1 tb internal, 2 - 6 tb externals that are almost full - 3 gig left on the main one i'm working off of and 90 gig left on other.

Seems i would need more space on externals. i actually didn't realize there was only 3 gig left on the external until I finished writing this post. fcpx sucks up the space. I take it that's the problem. if you recognize something else please mention. thanks. joe

joseph zabrosky

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
Re: Dropping frames in fcpx 10.0.9
on Jan 11, 2014 at 9:36:59 pm

Your RAM is way too low. You should have at least 8GB, 16 GB would be better. The intel core 2 duo is a little outdated speedwise for X.

if you can afford it get new Hardware and update to OS 10.9 and X 10.1

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

joe zabrosky
Re: Dropping frames in fcpx 10.0.9
on Jan 23, 2014 at 5:00:50 am

I got 16gig of ram now and nothing's changed. I have a 4tb internal coming and hoping that will make a major difference. It's a 2 hour project and i was told by apple not to upgrade to maverick in the middle of the project. they recommended i finish it then upgrade to maverick and fcpx 10.1. I'm wondering if my graphics card would be the culprit of the beach ball. my present card is ATI Radeon HD 4670 256 MB. Obviously i'd prefer not to have to buy another card. do you know if this could be making for the problem.

Does fcpx have a means to create a folder/file that has all the files connected to it as tcp 7 had ( I think it was called Media Manager) as i want to put all the files on the new 4tb internal.

Thanks, joe

joseph zabrosky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]