FORUMS: list search recent posts

Open psd files from Library to Photoshop

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Valtellina
Open psd files from Library to Photoshop
on Jan 11, 2014 at 7:42:15 pm

Hi, I've imported a layered psd file in Fcpx and it has been copied in the "Original Media "folder inside the library. Now I need to modify the psd file... how can I open it in Photoshop? The browser in Photoshop can't open the library bundle. Furthermore the "search" in Finder can not find the bundled files. Do you have a solution? Thanks

Return to posts index

Jasper Thayer
Re: Open psd files from FCPX 10.1 Library bundle and edit in Photoshop
on Jan 11, 2014 at 8:55:49 pm

Heya Frank,

In FCPX you can right-click the file and choose the option to "Reveal In Finder" (Shift/Command/R). That will show you the file inside the library.fcpbundle from the Finder where you can choose to open the file in Photoshop. Alternatively you could locate the library.fcpbundle file in Finder, right-click and "Show Package Contents", then navigate to the .psd file in the contents of the library bundle to edit it.

Hope that helps!

Jasper Thayer
Apple Certified Trainer
http://FinalCutProX.net

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Jan 12, 2014 at 4:04:07 am

Definitely not a practice of mine to ever import graphics files into the event. I'd leave them in place. Those are the kinds of things that change over the course of a project, unlike a video clip. I always want to be able to open a psd file and make changes right from a folder in the finder. Just me though.

But otherwise shift cmd r is your friend. That'll find it in the finder from the project or event.

Return to posts index

Frank Valtellina
on Jan 12, 2014 at 5:15:59 pm

Thanks guys, I only wanted to know your workaround. :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]