FORUMS: list search recent posts

10.1 Missing Footage In Compound Clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Swanson
10.1 Missing Footage In Compound Clips
on Jan 11, 2014 at 2:33:17 pm

Okay so I have imported footage after updating and then created a multi cam clip and all the footage is there and works and plays fine. Then when I either create a compound clip or I drop the multi cam onto a project timeline it comes up as missing footage. Anyone figure this strange problem out or encounter it themselves?

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: 10.1 Missing Footage In Compound Clips
on Jan 11, 2014 at 5:35:18 pm

In the new system I suspect your thinking has to change a bit.

You say "I have imported footage" - and the NEXT question is "from where?" And if someting goes "missing" the next logical question is has that "from where" moved? And also "to where" and has that "to where" changed?
You say "I create a... " and the NEXT question needs to be "to where?" And again, if something goes missing, the next questions needs to be has the "to where" changed?

What I've noticed is folks being scared to use MOVE rather than DUPLICATE command to put their precious assets on extrenal drives - so they end up with multiple versions of what should be ONE library and they have half their stuff pointed at one library version - and half pointed at another. Which might be what's screwing you up.

Just a thought.

I might be totally wrong.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]