FORUMS: list search recent posts

The document “CurrentVersion.fcpevent” could not be opened. Open documents in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Brindle
The document “CurrentVersion.fcpevent” could not be opened. Open documents in FCPX
on Jan 7, 2014 at 10:15:08 pm

Hello all,

this is my first post on Creative Cow and hopefully one that can be resolved.

I have just installed an SSD drive into my Mac Book Pro in place of the optical drive. All is well and it is now being used as my boot drive, holding the following folders.

_CCC Archives
Applications
Library
System
Twixtor5FxPlug
Users

I have kept all of the following on my original HDD

Adlm
Creative Cloud Files
Desktop
Documents
Downloads
Dropbox
Movies
Music
Pictures
Public

All of my Projects and Events inclduing my assets are on this drive.

When i open FCPX from the new SSD it is emtpy, no events or projects, i have several but they can only be found on the HDD. If i try to open these projects, events etc i get this message:

The document “CurrentVersion.fcpevent” could not be opened.

open from within final cut pro.

Does anyone know how to reinstate all of my original projects and events using my SSD as the application drive and the HDD as my asset drive?

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
Re: The document “CurrentVersion.fcpevent” could not be opened. Open documents in FCPX
on Jan 7, 2014 at 11:42:14 pm

CurrentVersion.fcpevent files as of version 10.1 now exist inside the new .fcpbundle files (FCPX Libraries).

Double clicking a .fcpbundle will launch FCPX and open it as expected.

CurrentVersion.fcpevent files not inside a .fcpbundle were created with an older version of FCPX. Those files needed to be in a specfic folder (Final Cut Events in the root of any drive) in order to open them.

Stupidly, double clicking a .fcpevent file would bring up that error message.

To answer your question we need to know which version of FCPX you are using. I highly recommend updating to FCPX 10.1

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, mini-docs.

Return to posts index

Evan Brindle
Re: The document “CurrentVersion.fcpevent” could not be opened. Open documents in FCPX
on Jan 8, 2014 at 10:02:09 am

I'm using version 10.0.7.

Thanks for replying so quickly, can you tell me where to locate the bundle files as all I can see is the current project and event files when navigating through the usual user/movies/Final Cut route.

Return to posts index

Evan Brindle
on Jan 8, 2014 at 11:15:15 am

Hi,

thanks so much for your reply.

I'm using 10.0.7, but when i ask to update any software FCPX is not an option as software to update, any ideas why?

Also can't find the bundle file you speak of, what is the usual location?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
on Jan 8, 2014 at 7:51:01 pm

The bundle file is new as of 10.1 so shouldn't be on your computer. In all versions of FCPX up to 10.0.9, CurrentVersion.fcpevent and CurrentVersion.fcpproject files have to be in a specific location for FCPX to see them.

In your user movies folder, or the root of any non-system hard drives, there should be 2 folders. Final Cut Projects and Final Cut Events. If you can't find any, create them (make sure FCPX is closed when doing this).

Inside the Final Cut Projects folder you need a folder for each project, and inside that folder you need a CurrentVersion.fcpproject. The project folder name can be anything.

Inside the Final Cut Events folder you also need a folder for each event, and inside that folder you need a CurrentVersion.fcpevent. The event folder name can also be anything.

Hope this helps!

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, mini-docs.

Return to posts index

Jon Cairns
on Jan 8, 2014 at 6:14:53 pm

If I follow you correctly, you are booting from the new SSD drive so your user folder is on that drive.

Assuming that the "Movies" folder that you listed on your HDD is the movies folder from your previous install then the Final Cut Events folder and Final Cut Projects folder reside within. You would need to move those two folders to the root of that HDD in order for FCPX (prior to the latest version) to see the events and projects.

jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]