I've been having a strange problem in fcp x 10.0.9, and it has transferred over to 10.1 Essentially, when I do an insert edit, rather than placing the clip at the playhead, the new clip is placed at the previous edit point. And where the playhead actually was, a frame of another clip is appended to the clip behind it. Additionally, in 10.1 now other portions of the timeline suddenly need to be rendered again. In this video, you can see the clip going to the wrong place, and the render bars appear: Problem example video
This behavior occurs whether you use the keyboard shortcut, drag the clip down, or click on the insert button.
Troubleshooting so far:
1.Trashed preferences under 10.0.9
2. Removed and re-installed 10.0.9
3. Upgraded to 10.1
4. Trashed prefs for 10.1
5. Removed and re-installed 10.1
6. Reduced the number of clips by moving stills into aperture.
7. Exported an xml for the project, then imported it into another library.
8. Copied the library to another drive rule out a drive issue. (I was using a Drobo 5d via thunderbolt, then tried a LaCie thunderbolt drive.
9. Used the digital rebellion tools to check for a corrupt project file.
The only other clue, is the error/warning screen when I was importing the xml:
I've been struggling with this for a month now. Any new ideas are greatly appreciated. I'm very close to starting over.