FORUMS: list search recent posts

No video in 10.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Comer
No video in 10.1
on Jan 6, 2014 at 8:44:25 pm

At first, I thought it was just in the event browser ... I'd hover over a clip and the video would go away - thumbnail would just turn black. Now when I play back a project int he timeline, there is no video (I do get audio).

I've tried re-transcoding all of the clips, reimporting the original files, trashing preferences, even reinstalling the app altogether ... Nothing helps.

This is what I see in the event browser (Thumbnail and Filmstrip views)

I have also noticed this odd behavior in the counter

Render goes whacky

Possibly related? Is it re-rendering everything since the move to the Libraries and I can't see video until it's done?

Return to posts index

Steve Connor
Re: No video in 10.1
on Jan 6, 2014 at 8:51:56 pm

What codec is the video?

Steve Connor

There's nothing we can't argue about on the FCPX COW Forum

Return to posts index

Sam Comer
on Jan 6, 2014 at 9:16:12 pm

Name it.

That particular file is from a JVC XDCAM EX, but it's the same with any Pro Res, H.264 or what have you.

Return to posts index

Sam Comer
on Jan 6, 2014 at 9:42:04 pm

OK ... some weirdness ...

I had one project that was imported into FCPx from Adobe Premiere CS6 via 7 to X. That project had a dozen or so .mts files from a Panasonic Ag-AC160. Those clips weren't showing up at all, despite reimporting them from the original AVCHD file structure, and despite FCP 10.1 supposedly being able to edit those files natively. AFTER I would review that project, I would go to another project, then this problem would occur. I deleted that project and all reference files from the library and everything seems to be a go. (Fingers crossed).

How odd is that?

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Jan 6, 2014 at 10:03:21 pm

Might not be a bad idea to post system details along with this post.

Battistella

http://www.davidbattistella.com

Return to posts index

Sam Comer
on Jan 6, 2014 at 10:07:02 pm

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
on Jan 7, 2014 at 12:16:51 am

Is this an updated project/event? If so, what version were you using before? If you create a new library and import the clips does the same thing happen?

Have you tried putting the library on a different drive to rest for hard drive problems?

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, mini-docs.

Return to posts index

Sam Comer
on Jan 7, 2014 at 3:30:12 pm

Updated from 10.0.9. Haven't tired it on a different drive. I did just re-import the AVCHD files from the SD card into a new event and they work just fine in that. So I'm thinking it's either something Premiere did with the files or something that 7 to X did to them.

For now, I'll just have to edit these older projects on a trial version of Premiere and leave FCPX out of it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]