FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dropping frames only when playing audio files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Whittemore
Dropping frames only when playing audio files
on Jan 5, 2014 at 1:52:04 am

Hi there...today I noticed that FCPX is dropping frames only while playing an audio file. It doesn't matter whether I have "better performance/better quality" selected or using optimized or proxy. In preferences, under "playback" I have both boxes selected (If a frame drops, stop playback and warn & If a frame drops due to disk performance...). When I deselect the first box I'm no longer warned. I'm running FCPX 10.1 on Mavericks and the media is on an external thunderbolt RAID. The audio files are .wav.

Any advice?

Return to posts index

Dave Jenkins
Re: Dropping frames only when playing audio files
on Jan 5, 2014 at 4:25:43 am

I'm glad you brought this up. This was happening to me today and I thought my new MacPro Tube 3.5GHz 6-Core with a TB2 Pegasus raid isn't performing very well. My audio files were AIFF, must be a bug.

Dajen Productions, Santa Barbara, CA
MacPro 3.2GHz Quad Core - AJA Kona LHe+
FCS 3 OS X 10.7.4
FCP X, Logic Pro, Squeeze, Filemaker 10.8.3

Return to posts index

Matt Whittemore
on Jan 5, 2014 at 4:05:36 pm

Must be...I'm just running a 27" iMac.

Return to posts index

Doug Suiter
on Jan 14, 2014 at 12:47:42 am

Yep - me too. I am getting a lot of beach balling since 10.1 and i have been trying to isolate the issue so I turned on the stop and warn when frames were dropped. I thought it was Multicam or synched clips that were the issue but was surprised this morning to see that frames were being regularly dropped with audio only clips.

I thought I'd take my thunderbolt raid out of the equation and moved the library to the internal SSD. Same issue. The files are .wav

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]