FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Freezes when loading project...any project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Weinberg
FCPX Freezes when loading project...any project
on Jan 3, 2014 at 9:50:20 pm

Hello everyone,

I ran into a recent problem. Suddenly FCP X will just crash whenever I try to open a project of any kind. I backed up everything and tried starting fresh by forcing the program to create a new "Final Cut Projects" folder by unmounting all of my external drives in case that was the problem, still wouldn't work. Did the same thing with the Events folder, also didn't work. Unmounted Trashed my preference file, didn't work. Tried rebooting, again didn't work. The program worked perfectly fine for well over a year with no trouble. I'm not having trouble with any other software.

I haven't had any major changes other than archiving old files to create more storage space.

Again, it is only when loading projects, any project at all. Even projects with no assets in the timeline. I try to open and the spinning ball of death appears and doesn't go away.

Here are the specs of my Mac:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac11,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i3
Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 5.86 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: IM112.0057.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.64f5
Serial Number (system): QP1130KTDAS
Hardware UUID: 43A9E353-3781-59CD-8335-422C5596C971

System Software Overview:

System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Kernel Version: Darwin 10.8.0
Boot Volume: iMac HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Secure Virtual Memory: Not Enabled
64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No
Time since boot: 2:57

I've never had this kind of problem before. Any help or suggestions somebody could offer would be appreciated, I need to be able to work on this very soon.

Thanks,
Ben

Return to posts index

Patrice Freymond
Re: FCPX Freezes when loading project...any project
on Jan 4, 2014 at 1:10:52 am

Hi,

it must have worked for you before as you say it did but running fcpx with OS X 10.6.8 sounds a bit risky. Did you update anything recently ?

Patrice Freymond

Editor  Certified Trainer FCP7/X
Post Consultant

Always learning...

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Jan 4, 2014 at 11:32:33 am

I had similar behavior with FCP X yesterday when I was discovered all of these similar problems what I did was I deleted any folders inside one particular project and that seems to remedy the issue.

I just kept open the app until it finally loaded the library with folders in the project. You can create a folder in a project but you can not add anything to that folder. I want to use folders in the project so that I can save snapshots in the folder and leave working versions available to me in the project this doesn't seem to work yet in FCP X 10.1.

David

http://www.davidbattistella.com

Return to posts index

Ben Weinberg
on Jan 4, 2014 at 1:51:18 pm

Nope, no new updates.

Return to posts index

Ben Weinberg
on Jan 10, 2014 at 2:55:49 pm

I actually just upgraded to Maverick and there were some Final Cut updates. My old problem is now gone, however, a new one: only a few of my projects updated and it doesn't seem to acknowledge the others as updatable. Also, I can't create any new events or projects. This is pretty horrible too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]