FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't Import Media

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Comer
Can't Import Media
on Jan 3, 2014 at 5:02:30 pm

I have a project that I 7 to Xed from Premiere Pro. That original project had some .mts files from a Panasonic AC160. These files do not show up (well, they're there, but they're all black). I thought I'd read that 10.1 can edit .mts files natively, without having to import through the original camera's file structure? IS this not correct?

Anyhoo ... to the problem in the Subject header: If that's not the case, at least I can right click on the files and select "Transcode Media" and it will make them into some nice, functional .mov files, right? Problem is, the transcoded files don't show up in the event. If I click on the original .mts file to Reveal in Finder, I can find the transcoded files nearby in the Transcoded Media folder. I see them there --

VOLUME>PROJECT NAME(library)>Transcoded Media>High Quality Media>Files.

However, when I go to Import Media from the media browser, the Library where all those files are is grayed out, and I can't get to the transcoded media. How do I get the transcoded media into the browser?

Return to posts index

Sam Comer
Re: Can't Import Media
on Jan 3, 2014 at 5:36:30 pm

Update:

It looks like when I got to Reveal in Finder, I can actually drag and drop the files from the Transcoded Media folder into the Browser window. An inelegant solution, I think, but will work for now.

Still, what is going on, and am I doing something wrong?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]