FORUMS: list search recent posts

Prolong a clip with 2 frames in secondary storyline?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Morten Slemdal
Prolong a clip with 2 frames in secondary storyline?
on Jan 3, 2014 at 3:15:52 am

I have a primary storyline, and I have a secondary storyline where I just do some fill ins. I have two clips tied together by a dissolve in secondary storyline. Now I just wanna prolong the first clip without affecting other clips than these two in secondary storyline. What do I do?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Prolong a clip with 2 frames in secondary storyline?
on Jan 3, 2014 at 3:24:26 am

Select the position tool by hitting 'p'.

Select the edit point, drag two frames to the right (or hit the comma key twice).

Is that what you mean?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Morten Slemdal
on Jan 3, 2014 at 8:50:10 am

Some day I will probably die of embaressment, but I can't grab the editpoint in the clip close to the transition. What is the shortcut for picking the edit point to the right?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 3, 2014 at 2:31:51 pm

[Morten Slemdal] "What is the shortcut for picking the edit point to the right?"

Right bracket. Left Bracket is left side, and selecting both sides is the backslash key.

Return to posts index

Morten Slemdal
on Jan 3, 2014 at 3:56:28 pm

Any idea what those brackets and backslash are om a norwegian keyboard? Or how I can see it from my system preferensce. It should be a combination of alt/shift/something.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 3, 2014 at 7:40:08 pm

[Morten Slemdal] "Any idea what those brackets and backslash are om a norwegian keyboard? Or how I can see it from my system preferensce. It should be a combination of alt/shift/something."

Sorry, I am not familiar with the norwegian keyboard. On the US keyboard, it's the next three buttons to the right of the 'P'.

If you open the FCPX keyboard control, type 'select left edge' in the search window. It will then list the keyboard command below.

Return to posts index

Morten Slemdal
on Jan 3, 2014 at 9:54:38 pm

Strange -When I use alt + 8 in my browser, the left bracket is shown [ . But when I use this command inside FCPX it just do a kind of default trimming. It doesn't grab the left side of the clip.. I really don't understand this. I thought I could use the command, and then use . to , for frame trimming?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 3, 2014 at 9:58:08 pm

You have to put the playhead at the cut point by using the up/down arrows, and then use the select left or right edge (or both edges) shortcut.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the up/down arrows correspond to on the Norwegian keyboard either.

;-)

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Morten Slemdal
on Jan 4, 2014 at 10:30:16 am

Thank you for trying J (-: I just cant understand this. When my clip is connected to a transition I cant pick the end point of the clip with the mouse by left click. It only mark the start point of the transition. If I left click a clip without a trans, it works well, and I can use the (.) And the (,).

Thats why I wanted the shortcut. But I cant figure out that either / do you know of any turtourials that shows this?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 4, 2014 at 2:25:15 pm

I'm a fool.

You have to cut the transition, make the adjustment, and paste the transition back in to place.

Sorry. I missed the transition detail!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]