FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPx 10.1 losing projects

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor Asquerthian
FCPx 10.1 losing projects
on Jan 3, 2014 at 12:44:54 am

I've a temperamental old MBP that loses its airport connection, so I often restart without doing a quit out of FCPx. This has resulted in the loss of edits (i.e. all my music connected clips disappeared after one restart) and the loss of a project (i.e. a whole sequence went after another). I could salvage them from the backup folder and I'm only messing around here - but I thought I'd post this up in case anyone else has the same problem.

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
Re: FCPx 10.1 losing projects
on Jan 3, 2014 at 1:34:24 am

You really shouldn't restart without quitting X. I wouldn't do that with any software. Especially since X saves automatically you will always screw something up like that.

Return to posts index

Trevor Asquerthian
on Jan 3, 2014 at 9:17:31 am

Right, but I get away with it with every other bit of software AND these aren't changes that I'm losing because they weren't saved yet - it loses metadata that is present in an older backup.

Return to posts index

Doug Metz
on Jan 3, 2014 at 6:25:14 pm

[Trevor Asquerthian] "Right, but I get away with it with every other bit of software AND these aren't changes that I'm losing because they weren't saved yet - it loses metadata that is present in an older backup."

Only thing I can think of is a corrupted database... I don't think you'll get it back.

When was the last time you repaired the disk and it's permissions, etc.? I'd say this is the first step.

Also, stop forcing the machine down! Find out what the underlying problem is and fix it. Just because you 'got away with it' before doesn't mean you can't / won't get bit. It's bad practice and you know it.

Doug Metz

Anode

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jan 3, 2014 at 7:58:18 pm

You're right of course. But I forgot I had apps open the other day while needing to reboot since I am in the middle of a fresh install and slowly moving things over. In any case it seemed like Mavericks attempts to close things down properly not just force quitting. But I could be wrong. But I even got a warning about one open app still processing in b.g. Nothing was messed up though it's not a normal practice of mine. I also lost electricity the other day and everything was open. No harm no foul. So far so lucky but just wondering if Mavericks does not have some built in protection of data and such. I know Apple is moving towards this with their new apps auto saving.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]