FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX>Share>YouTube "Invalid username or password", now "YouTube Acct Migrated"... Solutions?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Underwood
FCPX>Share>YouTube "Invalid username or password", now "YouTube Acct Migrated"... Solutions?
on Jan 2, 2014 at 9:12:38 pm

Hi, "Share" worked until a few weeks ago. Been all over the web looking for answers. I created a Google+ account today, I also have three "Use You Tube as" > 'channels'. I've tried all combos of old/new user names for YouTube and Google and all passwords new and old. Do I have to link Google+ to YouTube somewhere now?

Also, previous "Cow" advise said that "Share" out of FCPX at 1080p, 'better quality', etc created a good looking version. I was indeed happy with upload results. If I can't get "share" to work, is there a way to use the YouTube uploader directly from my "Master File" movie? Caveat: I don't have Compressor and don't know a good "encode recipe" for YouTube.

I'd ultimately like to get "Share>YouTube" functioning again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~ Steve Underwood

Computer: MacBook Pro, OS X 10.9
Processor: 2.6GHz, Intel Core i7, Memory: 16GB
Intel Iris Pro, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M, FCX 10.09
Pegasus 4TB RAID

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
Re: FCPX>Share>YouTube "Invalid username or password", now "YouTube Acct Migrated"... Solutions?
on Jan 2, 2014 at 9:28:17 pm

It sounds like you are using 2 step authentication. You'll need to generate a special password in your account that you then enter into the password field in FCP X for your Youtube account. It's not the same as your normal Youtube login password.

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.
http://www.productionbackup.com
BRU ... because it's the RESTORE that matters!

Return to posts index

Stephen Underwood
Re: FCPX>Share>YouTube "Invalid username or password", now "YouTube Acct Migrated"... Solutions?
on Jan 2, 2014 at 9:37:51 pm

Some clarification...

"It sounds like you are using 2 step authentication."
In the Google account, yes with a 2nd email address I believe...

"You'll need to generate a special password in your account"
Generate special password in the Google + account? Or another account? Can you direct me to which site/page I'd find that on? (If there's link to a step-by-step on this that would be great...) Thanks ~

~ Steve Underwood

Pegasus 4TB RAID

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
on Jan 2, 2014 at 10:39:30 pm
Last Edited By Tim Jones on Jan 2, 2014 at 10:42:16 pm

Google offers a step-by-step here:

Two Step Verification

The important step is the "App-specific passwords" tab once you get things setup.

App-specific passwords info

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.

Return to posts index

Stephen Underwood
on Jan 2, 2014 at 11:15:22 pm

Thank you, Tim! So nice to have 'Share' operational again... Happy New Year...

~ Steve Underwood

Pegasus 4TB RAID

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
on Jan 3, 2014 at 3:09:05 pm

Honestly, my pleasure. I was also bitten by this for all of my Google interactions.

Also note that if you change IP addresses on that system, you may have to go through all of that stuff to set up the App-specpfic password again.

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.

Return to posts index

Stephen Underwood
on Jan 3, 2014 at 3:16:33 pm

To clarify, this means if I try to upload something to YouTube when I'm on the road I might need to add whatever IP address I'm currently on to the ASP process?

Return to posts index

Tim Jones
on Jan 3, 2014 at 3:20:08 pm

Correct. I've submitted a request to the G+ team for something a bit more stable or even a utilization of the secondary SMS message to a registered cell phone, but heard nothing back.

Tim
--
Tim Jones
CTO - TOLIS Group, Inc.

Return to posts index

Stephen Underwood
on Jan 3, 2014 at 3:21:41 pm

We'll hope for the best on that one... Happy New Year!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]