FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio On the Storyline Drops Out

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lillian Young
Audio On the Storyline Drops Out
on Jan 2, 2014 at 3:02:30 am

I'm new to X, a pro at 7.

I'm working with media linked to an external drive via a USB (because my internals are out of space and the drive is a Thunderbolt, which I do not have).

My audio on the storyline when playing back occasionally drops out, and the meters peak into the red. I also get a buzzing sound sometimes. I am not sure why this is because I can re-play it and it'll play fine, so the issue is sporadic. And fortunately the rendered audio is okay.

But as you can imagine, this slows the workflow. And if anyone is in an edit wit me when this happens, it won't look good.

If the solution is to store the media on my local drive, oh well. If there's another solution, I'd appreciate it.

Mac Pro (2008)
OS X 10.8.4
FCP X 10.0.9

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: Audio On the Storyline Drops Out
on Jan 2, 2014 at 4:42:08 am

I'd be more concerned with what format the audio is. Is it embedded audio from a video clip? Or is it music or some other imported audio? FCPX is a lot more forgiving regarding the types of audio you can import, but that doesn't mean that you won't have issues with AAC or MP3 or some other compressed audio format.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Lillian Young
on Jan 5, 2014 at 1:41:00 am

Hi Andy,

It's embedded with the Pro Res 422 video clips. Linear PCM 16-bit, big-endian signed integer, 2 channels, 44100 Hz.

I just noticed that I had my storyline set to 48 kHz. I'm not sure whether that matters.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Jan 5, 2014 at 2:06:39 am

Well, it shouldn't have trouble playing uncompressed audio, even at 44.1khz. That's what it was designed to do after all. But it is strange that you have a video clip where the audio track is 44.1. Digital video files are almost always 48khz or higher. I suppose you could try converting one of your pro res files in Compressor and recompressing the audio to 48khz and see if it makes a difference.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]