FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX 10.1 Library empty trash?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Claude Lyneis
FCPX 10.1 Library empty trash?
on Dec 30, 2013 at 11:48:19 pm

One of the events in my library has a bad file that won't copy to a new drive. So I moved the event to the trash with in FCPX and tried to copy the library over. However, the event was sitting in the FCPX library trash file. How do you empty that file? It doesn't empty under the general empty trash and I didn't find anything in FCPX that does it.

This FCPX10.1 is an adventure.

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
Re: FCPX 10.1 Library empty trash?
on Dec 31, 2013 at 12:44:07 am

The next time I went though the process,it did empty. It leaves the event name but at least it is empty.

Return to posts index

Don Smith
Re: FCPX 10.1 Library empty trash?
on Dec 31, 2013 at 10:27:20 am

I have intensely studied and used 10.1 and think its great. Having said that I found a bug in exported XML of a Project. When bringing in that XML, all Position keyframes that had been set to 'Linear' fall back to their default setting of 'Smooth'. This caused me about two hours of work resetting 34 titles that would fly in but would continue THROUGH the scened and fly back to the next keyframe only to continue the path off the screen! This bug has been confirmed with another user.

Then, while working in the XML import version of my Project a few random titles would seem to disappear. They were there but were the color of the background and their text went back to default. It was like Whack-A-Mole. Only one needed fixing. I would fix that. Then, two others needed fixing but the rest were OK. Fixed those. Then a check revealed that two or three others needed fixing.

Previously, the titles were just fine for a number of hours of editing. The problem only showed up for me after exporting the XML and working on the project on another computer in another location. No one has so far been able to confirm that it's happening to them so it might be something unique to me.

The XML issues aside there are many things to like about the 10.1 update once you understand the new media management thinking. It's my opinion that the new way of managing media is MUCH MUCH better!

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]