FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lacie d2 Quadra Hard Drive 3TB ThunderBolt for DSLR Video Post Processing in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ali Hoolash
Lacie d2 Quadra Hard Drive 3TB ThunderBolt for DSLR Video Post Processing in FCPX
on Dec 28, 2013 at 8:15:38 am

Hi all,

I am a beginner at video DSLR and I am considering buying the "Lacie d2 Quadra Hard Drive 3TB ThunderBolt" (7,200rpm) external hard drive to do my video post processing using Final Cut Pro X.
Is that a good choice? Would you recommend another model?
My current hardware configuration: iMac running Mac OS X 10.7.5 - 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 - 8GB DDR3 memory

-Ali

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
Re: Lacie d2 Quadra Hard Drive 3TB ThunderBolt for DSLR Video Post Processing in FCPX
on Dec 28, 2013 at 12:11:10 pm

I have it and it works great. I've never had problems with LaCie.

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

Andre van Berlo
Re: Lacie d2 Quadra Hard Drive 3TB ThunderBolt for DSLR Video Post Processing in FCPX
on Dec 28, 2013 at 4:47:17 pm

What about the Lacie 2Big or this one: http://www.caldigit.com/T3/

The T3 has a lot better read/write speed.

Return to posts index

Ali Hoolash
on Dec 28, 2013 at 5:26:49 pm
Last Edited By Ali Hoolash on Dec 28, 2013 at 5:49:29 pm

Thanks for your inputs, guys!
Andre van Berlo, the CalDigit T3 is really very nice but unfortunately I will need to stretch my budget to afford it right now!
Nikolas, glad to hear you like it! I'll probably have a go at it too unless something better in that price range pops up! :-)

Return to posts index

Claude Lyneis
on Dec 29, 2013 at 3:30:40 am

I have a new Lacie 6TB 2 Big and ran the speed test on it. It seems to write about 340 MBs and read at 360 MBs, where as my Firewire 800 is about 55 and 60 MBs. So that is an impressive difference. Haven't used it with FCPX enough to see the impact of that.

Meanwhile, one of my old USB 2 Western Digital has slowed to about 1 MBs and must be almost dead. Never seen that kind of failure before.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]