FORUMS: list search recent posts

10.1 XML Bug?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Smith
10.1 XML Bug?
on Dec 27, 2013 at 2:31:33 pm

Work on 10.1 at work and at home. I took a project and its media from work to home and continued the edit. I was able to finish it at home. I exported the Project XML from home and emailed it to myself at work. At work I highlighted the correct Event and imported the XML of the completed Project.

It appeared all was well. There were all my edits and effects.

However, all Position keyframes (there we go with my problems with Position again! (see lower post) had lost their Linear settings. Every keyframe was now of the Smooth type. Fixing all those Position keyframe settings is truly a pain.

I would be interested in anyone experiencing the same thing.

Don Smith

Return to posts index

Eddie Torre
Re: 10.1 XML Bug?
on Dec 27, 2013 at 4:29:27 pm

I've had instances where the emailing process itself corrupted the XML. Try emailing the XML again, but this time, zip / compress the XML before sending.

However, it's more likely that linear keyframes just don't translate as an attribute yet.

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on Dec 27, 2013 at 4:44:38 pm

I just did a test where I exported the XML on the Project that had taken me two hours to restore like it was on the project that I edited at home. Then I imported it. No emailing or zip'ing involved. I'm afraid the project imported just like the one I had emailed to myself earlier from home; all Position keyframes that had been set to Linear reverted to Smooth. Also, that wasn't the only problem as I discovered while fixing the original,emailed XML; all scale keyframes were gone as well and all keyframes in a home-grown effect were gone. The home-grown effect was there on the clip (I had identical copies of my effect both at work and at home) but its keyframes had been cleared by the XML conversion. That's what I've discovered so far. I suspect there's more to find.

I'm running 10.1 on both machines of course. Home is a mid 2012 Thunderbolt MacBook Pro and work is a 2009 Mac Pro. Of course, Mavericks is on both because its required to run the 10.1 update.

Exporting here at work and then importing the XML on the same machine yet the same problems were created in the process eliminates the platform differences question and it eliminates the question of whether my home-grown effect was different at home.

Don Smith

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Dec 27, 2013 at 6:44:26 pm

Why are you using XML and not just emailing yourself a copy of the project sans media?

Return to posts index

Andreas Kiel
on Dec 31, 2013 at 12:16:31 am

Why are you using XML and not just emailing yourself a copy of the project sans media?

I second that

Andreas

Spherico
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools
X-Files Pro, tools for working with FCPX
http://www.spherico.com/filmtools/X-Files/index.html

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby
become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will
also gaze into thee." - Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on Dec 31, 2013 at 2:58:15 pm
Last Edited By Don Smith on Dec 31, 2013 at 3:03:19 pm

Another artifact of using a project generated from XML that was imported. When idle, the counter within the circle next to the timecode window in the center of the screen would go wild. Constantly flashing what appeared to be random numbers.

I created a new Project, selected everything in the timeline of the XML-generated Project and pasted everything into the new, empty, project.

All seems to be fine with the project now.

As for the suggestions that I use a copy of the project file (I'm assuming you mean the file 'CurrentVersion.fcpproject in the Backups folder?) I will try that. If that's not the file you mean, let me know.

Thanks for all the input.

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]