FORUMS: list search recent posts

Offline-online 10.1

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Peters
Offline-online 10.1
on Dec 24, 2013 at 9:46:21 pm

Some interesting changes with 10.1. Regarding the proxy workflow, in the past you could cheat the system and generate proxies externally, such as with Resolve. If you placed them in the correct folder, FCP X would toggle back and forth. Now it seems that X will only see proxy files generated by X.

On the plus side, relinking now seems more relaxed in 10.1. I tested a set of files, where I have camera originals, plus edit proxies with LUT/burn. Name, TC, reel/source ID and length all match. FCP X lets me freely relink back and forth between these two sets, like in FCP 7.

- Oliver

Oliver Peters Post Production Services, LLC
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Michael Garber
Re: Offline-online 10.1
on Dec 25, 2013 at 12:26:02 am

Thanks for that, Oliver. I remember reading about the proxy workflow when you were testing this out on your last project.

One thing I noted is that if you allow FCP to manage the media, and you relink to a different file, then FCP will trash the original media. If FCP doesn't manage the media (it resides outside the library) then the old clips remain in their location.

Michael Garber
5th Wall - a post production company
Blog: GARBERSHOP
My Moviola Webinar on Cutting News in FCP X

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Offline-online 10.1
on Dec 25, 2013 at 8:57:17 pm

Regarding playback, you can now switch mid playback with a mapped shortcut. Not sure if you could do that before.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]