FORUMS: list search recent posts

From FCPX 10.1 to AE or Motion. Any solutions?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eugeny Korkhin
From FCPX 10.1 to AE or Motion. Any solutions?
on Dec 24, 2013 at 8:51:33 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but version of XML has changed with recent release. I've heard, Resolve cannot read it yet. But while I have no doubt Blackmagic will provide an update soon, I'm not so confident about others and that's stopping me from upgrading. Specifically, I have 2 utilities to make communication between FCPX and AfterEffects or Motion a bit easier - ClipExporter and SendTo. Both of them used to be sold through App Store, but as for now, they are free and almost "forgotten" by developers (I have small hope for ClipExporter, as there's no direct mention of stopping support on it's site. But the app is Open Source now). So, what do you, updated ones, think? How are you going to send your edits to AE or Motion?

P.S. While we are here, one more new XML related question. X2Pro accepts it? They say "all should be good" on the support forum, but if someone had tested it in real world, comment would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: From FCPX 10.1 to AE or Motion. Any solutions?
on Dec 24, 2013 at 4:47:47 pm

Thanks for reminding me of clip exporter. Due to it's name, I thought it would only send one clip, like I think send to does. I just exported a project to AE CC from X.1 and it was flawless. It's just cuts though. But lots of layers and disabled clips and such. The disabled came through and are turned off in AE. The other clips were placed perfectly.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't do anything but the media. No transforms, crops, fx, etc. But generally, this is all I need and I had forgotten about it. Seems to still work fine.

Return to posts index

Eugeny Korkhin
on Dec 25, 2013 at 9:30:48 am

I'm surprised it works with new XML version. Takes me one step closer to upgrade.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 26, 2013 at 2:47:39 pm

I use xto7 to generate an XML.

Ae imports XMLs using Pro Import Ae (file > import menu) which is automatic duck built in to Ae.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]