FORUMS: list search recent posts

Share Monitor Removed from 10.1?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Guerra
Share Monitor Removed from 10.1?
on Dec 24, 2013 at 3:11:53 am

I haven't been able to find the Share Monitor from either Final Cut Pro 10.1 or Compressor 4.1. Was that feature removed? If so, any thoughts on the best way to monitor jobs submitted using a droplet?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Share Monitor Removed from 10.1?
on Dec 24, 2013 at 5:57:52 am

The share monitor was removed from X about a year ago. Sharing status is shown in the background tasks window. And doesn't compressor have a pane built in? The active pane?

Return to posts index

Jason Guerra
on Dec 24, 2013 at 7:51:13 am

Wow, I guess it's been a while since I have cut a job in Final Cut. I didn't even know they removed it. Is there any way to monitor the progress of a compressor droplet? It doesn't show up on compressors active tab. You can watch the compressord task in Activity Monitor, but it doesn't really provide progress, just shows you that the task is running.

Return to posts index

James Bayliss-Smith
on Jan 1, 2014 at 4:55:47 am

I'm having this problem too. Just submitted a couple of jobs using a droplet but they aren't appearing in active tab in compressor 10.1 and no share monitor. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

James Bayliss-Smith
on Jan 1, 2014 at 5:05:03 am

Answer:

Droplets And Share Monitoring
When dragging and dropping a file onto a Droplet in the Finder, the Droplet window is now updated, also. It is cleaner and easier to understand, matching Compressor’s look. It allows the user to assign a custom Locations as the default when creating Compressor custom preset, and also change the Location in the Droplet window. What processing cluster to use (if others are available) and the job priority are also menus in the Droplet window. In the Droplet’s application menu, you can also launch the Share Monitor, with it’s new UI. Its function as well as its Preference window are pretty much the same, they just have the new UI. In Motion 5, the Share menu has an option to open the Share monitor, also.

from http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/review-2/review-compressor-41-update

Return to posts index

James Bayliss-Smith
on Jan 1, 2014 at 5:06:46 am

furthermore, once you have launched the share monitor go to its icon in the doc control click > options >keep in dock and hey presto it'll always be there

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]