FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCPRO HD tape ingest using Blackmagic Media Express app: anybody doing this and have tips?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Suszko
DVCPRO HD tape ingest using Blackmagic Media Express app: anybody doing this and have tips?
on Dec 20, 2013 at 4:24:51 pm

Brand-new fully-loaded imac, BMD Ultra studio 4k box, DVCProHD deck.

SDI cable from deck into the BMD Ultra 4k. Check.
Thunderbolt cable from the box into the imac. Check.
Open the Express app.

Should have full machine control like the "good old days", yes? No?

Interested in any experiences and tips you have for doing this. The only clips on youtube I can find for the Ulrastudio and this software involve capturing from xbox, not broadcast decks.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: DVCPRO HD tape ingest using Blackmagic Media Express app: anybody doing this and have tips?
on Dec 21, 2013 at 4:00:28 am

[Mark Suszko] " The only clips on youtube I can find for the Ulrastudio and this software involve capturing from xbox, not broadcast decks."

Welcome to the future.

[Mark Suszko] "Should have full machine control like the "good old days", yes? No?"

I assume you have a serial cable and deck control is set to remote?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: DVCPRO HD tape ingest using Blackmagic Media Express app: anybody doing this and have tips?
on Dec 21, 2013 at 3:44:50 pm

Does DVCProHD have FW800 connection? That would be the best bet. I have my DSR-11 hooked up to the iMac via the thunderbolt to FW800 adapter. Then it's a FW-800 to Sony 4 pin fw400 cable. But works like a charm. Even hot swapped while the app was running. I have ultra studio express, but I don't have a re-422 cable except for my old re-422 to serial port cable and a usb to serial port adapter. Had that since FCP 1.x in 2000 for digitizing betacam with deck control.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]