FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio/Video synching no longer working

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hal Masonberg
Audio/Video synching no longer working
on Dec 17, 2013 at 3:39:12 am

I am trying to synch audio and video together. The good audio is off a lav mic, the other direct from camera. It seemed to be working quite well earlier in the week, but now, all of a sudden, it's not syncing up anything correctly. I'm getting multiple different audio tracks over the image. I've selected the proper clips, and since it's supposed to be synching via audio, they SHOULD match. If I make it a multicam clip, that syncs perfectly. But since I only have one camera, synching without making a multicam clip should still work. Isn't it using the same technology? Is there some step I'm missing? Thanks in advance. Oh, I should also say that it syncs if I only pick 1 video clip and 1 audio clip. But earlier, I was picking all the video clips and the matching audio clips and everything worked.

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Audio/Video synching no longer working
on Dec 17, 2013 at 12:24:20 pm

Select all of the audio clips and in the info pane of the inspector (in extended view) give the audio clips a camera name and an angle name. Give the video clip it's own camera name and angle name as well.

Try to sync again.

Return to posts index

Hal Masonberg
on Dec 17, 2013 at 8:33:15 pm

Thanks. Already had names in there. Doesn't work. Now I DID change the original names of the files in FCP X via "Apply Custom Name." Is that what's messing this up? Though I was taught that this is the correct way to create files to work with. AND it syncs fine in Multicam.

Return to posts index

Hal Masonberg
on Dec 18, 2013 at 1:52:31 am

So what is "New Multicam Clip" accessing that "Synchronize Clips" is not?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]