FORUMS: list search recent posts

Storyline playback (window focus) stays stuck in event browser playback.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Storyline playback (window focus) stays stuck in event browser playback.
on Dec 6, 2013 at 7:14:17 pm

When I am editing I may click a clip in the event browser and hit play, then go back to my storyline and hit play, but the "window" focus stays stuck with the selected event browser clip instead of having the focus change when I mouse over to the storyline pane. I've kind of gotten used to this but it's cumbersome and messed up my editing flow. To get the focus back I click in the storyline view and back on the storyline. Using the command keys to toggle between panes doesn't always get the storyline playback focus either.

Does anyone go through this/ understand what I am saying?

OS 10.9
FCP X 10.0.9

Tangier

Return to posts index

John Young
Re: Storyline playback (window focus) stays stuck in event browser playback.
on Dec 6, 2013 at 7:52:50 pm

I understand, and suffer through this all the time. It's painful. I've started leaving the Event Viewer open, (even though in its current iteration, it pretty useless to me) and that seems to help with the problem.

John

Return to posts index

Jeff Kirkland
on Dec 6, 2013 at 8:19:47 pm

Happens to me on a regular basis. I usually just back out of the project and reopen it. And ot'll go away for a while A bug, I guess. Bring on FCPX 10.1. I'm sure that'll have a 10 new bugs of its own but hopefully not that one :-)

Jeff Kirkland | Video Producer | Southern Creative Media | Melbourne Australia
http://www.southerncreative.com.au | G+: http://gplus.to/jeffkirkland | Twitter: @jeffkirkland

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Dec 6, 2013 at 9:06:05 pm

I've never had to leave the project. As long as I actually click the storyline viewer then the storyline will get focus. Still it's an annoying bug.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Dec 6, 2013 at 10:00:18 pm

I have this happen quite a bit. It's very annoying. What I do is hit Command 3 and then Command 2 to get back to the timeline. Command 2 alone usually doesn't work. Of course sometimes everything works fine. Maybe it will get fixed in a week or two.

anickt

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 7, 2013 at 1:10:31 am

I also find that toggling tools will bring better focus, like trim tool to arrow tool, or position tool to arrow tool.

Do you guys use tablets?

It definitely seems like odd behavior.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 7, 2013 at 1:56:22 am

And by that, I mean I use a tablet and this type of thing happens to me often.

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
on Dec 7, 2013 at 5:49:31 am

Wacom graphire intuos 2

Tangier

Return to posts index

John Young
on Dec 7, 2013 at 1:55:40 pm

No tablet for me. Like I said, Keeping the Event Viewer open has minimized if not eliminated the problem. The only other solution that always worked for me was to click over into the event browser in an open space and deselect the clip completely. Then go back to the timeline.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Dec 7, 2013 at 4:33:42 pm

I always have the event viewer open and events on second monitor. If I'm in the event, with a selection, when I mouse back over the timeline it doesn't give focus until I actually mouse over a clip in the timeline. I can always just click in the timeline to get focus.

Seems that I used to have more issues and would have to click in the viewer to get focus, but in the last project or two with Mavericks. Or maybe it's just with this project. At the moment I happen to be using the dual full screen monitoring of mavericks. I like it now that I figured out just how it works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]