FORUMS: list search recent posts

Burn additional DVDs

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Grant
Burn additional DVDs
on Dec 4, 2013 at 10:11:24 pm

I burned a set of DVDs for client approval and they have requested additional copies of each DVD. When I go into FCPX it has to re-encode the files, it wont just burn another disk.

Is there another way to burn the files from the "shared" folder to a DVD with the same menu and submenus?

I know you can burn additional disk after each disk is finished, but I am trying to go back to burn more disks.

Hey, I just figured out how to get ride of my Legacy Name!

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Burn additional DVDs
on Dec 5, 2013 at 12:23:29 pm
Last Edited By David Eaks on Dec 5, 2013 at 2:59:22 pm

You could use a program like DVD Studio Pro or Toast. Just bring the two A/V files for the DVD from the shared items folder into your burning app of choice. It won't have the same menu template, but that surely isn't the highlight of these DVDs.

*edit

Sorry, I forgot that you said "with the same menus and sub menus" by the time I started typing.

Compressor has the same templates. I have had many experiences with submitting a compressor batch with a job action set to burn a disc. When the destination folder has identical files to the ones that will be created (similar goal as you, re-burn a previously encoded and burned disc). Compressor will "see" that the files already exist and in batch monitor instead of showing "encoding frame xxxxxxxxx of xxxxxxxxx" it says "copying destination file". That only takes a minute or two then the burn starts. I haven't been able to reproduce it reliably, I just a hope that it does the copy thing instead of encoding it all again. Maybe it would work for you.

Return to posts index

Glenn Grant
on Dec 6, 2013 at 2:00:08 am

Thanks David. Normally I would use DVDSP, but I was just expecting this to be a one of a kind deal. I ended up burning 2 additional copies of 6 DVDs each about an hour and half, so I didn't want to have to start from scratch.

I was able to open the "create disk" companion app and open the files. It was a bit of a work around and I don't think it saved much, if any, time.

I submitted a request to apple to include that option. Considering the fact that it save the encode files, I would think it would be that hard to go back and burn more disks.

Your way of brining the encoded file into DVDSP would have been faster. But I could only imagine the disappointment on the clients face when the new DVDs didn't have the same generic menus!

Cheers,
Glenn

Return to posts index

David Eaks
on Dec 6, 2013 at 2:44:09 am

So Create Disc has the same menu templates and you were able to burn the existing files?

I'll submit the same request too.

Return to posts index

Glenn Grant
on Dec 6, 2013 at 3:06:39 am

Create Disk doesn't really have any options except under the file menu in list a handful of recent files. If you open one nothing seems to happen, but if you insert a blank disk it will burn it. You don't get any window or options, it just burns it the same way it did from FCPx. When it is done, then you get the window asking you if you want to burn another one.

But the only way I found the application was I selected it in the dock to reveal the app in a finder window. Searching for Create Disk, does not reveal the app.

Considering the create disk options are obviously saved and the encoded files are saved, it seems like an easy fix to be able to come back and burn more disk.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]