FORUMS: list search recent posts

The scene that crashes Final Cut Pro every. single. time.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Widmyer
The scene that crashes Final Cut Pro every. single. time.
on Nov 28, 2013 at 5:03:27 am

<>

Friends,

I'm at the end of my rope. There's a scene in my film that Final Cut Pro X just hates. For months I've been dealing with this.

The scene is about 4 mins long, and 2 mins into it, a person has a spotlight blasting on them, which begins to pulsate and get quicker, and then strobe blasts begin. So there's a ton of cutting going on in this scene, as well as a lot of sound design. Though the cutting is very economic and the sound design is all grouped together into compound clips-- and still, there's usually about a 5 sec delay on every step I try to do. Even clicking the Arrow key once right, to advance a frame, causes the spinning pin wheel. And trying to play what I've worked on, either crashes the system or freezes it for sometimes up to 5 mins (seriously).

This is a 5K project, but even at 2K (in its own Project), this sequence is impossible to work with. It's gotten to the point that I have to do all my work blindly (without being able to view anything) and then output the sequence so I can watch it outside of FCX on my desktop.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I can provide a system report of the crash, as well as a screenshot of the timeline if it helps.

Thanks.

--
Dennis Widmyer
http://www.parallacticpictures.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]