FORUMS: list search recent posts

Another detail Question: How to restrict movement to x or y axis only

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Engel
Another detail Question: How to restrict movement to x or y axis only
on Nov 19, 2013 at 2:21:48 pm

Hi Everybody,

Another little X detail, I do not seem to manage to get my head around: Moving something in the Canvas, e.g. Text or Frame itself, in FCP7 (or other applications) you hold down the shift key to restrict movement to either only x or y axis. How to do this in X?
ThanX.

Greetings,

Sascha Engel
TIME BANDITZ Productions
http://www.youtube.com/taikang

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Another detail Question: How to restrict movement to x or y axis only
on Nov 19, 2013 at 2:41:59 pm

Grab the little circle thing in the middle. Start to move .Then press shift. Sometimes. Often it will only work on the X axis. It's pretty idiotic. Almost on par with keyframing abilities.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 19, 2013 at 5:24:35 pm
Last Edited By Bill Davis on Nov 19, 2013 at 5:25:19 pm

Or just open the inspector to the transform pane, go to the X or Y axis controls and click drag up or down to shift the element perfectly on that fixed axis.

Added bonus - you get a numeric read out of position in case you need to align other elements.

FWIW.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Nov 19, 2013 at 5:31:42 pm

I just played with it again and can always get the horizontal (x) and often the vertical. Seems like sometimes you have to shift click and other times click shift. No rhyme or reason. Shouldn't be so difficult.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]