FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating multicam clips created modified file alert.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Creating multicam clips created modified file alert.
on Nov 19, 2013 at 12:37:53 am

FCP X 10.0.9/ Mac Pro 2.26 Quad Core Intel Xeon / ATI Radeon HD 5770/ OS X Mavericks

I've been working with multicam clips frequently in FCP X and for the first time, when I made multicam clips using audio synchronization I get the "Modified File" alert which seems to have made people (on various boards) very angry.

Stangely it did this with AVCHD media (from an AF100 and GH1), but not making multicam clips from Canon 5D content; the irony being that since FCP 7 I've had more trouble working with filse from the latter than any other camera.

That being said, does anyone have ideas what causes this. I found a working solution on Apple boards (credit where credit is due) at this link, but will repost below. Per the solution, I don't want to have to go into the High Quality media folder and delete files (yes - the actual finder level Quicktime movie says "Modified File" in it's full mutli-gigabyte glory) every time this happens and restart FCP X.

For some reason, FCP X is discriminating why it does this for some clips and not others and I don't know why.

Solution from Apple Support communities:

joellm
Re: Modified File, Why and No Fix For It?
Nov 14, 2013 12:41 PM (in response to 1 Open Loop)
I recently had this very same issue. Source file was stored on a NAS, I imporrted it into FCPX and began to make multicam clips with it, put it into my timeline, edit together a project, etc. Finished with my editing, I left FCPX to render for a few minutes. Got up from my desk, took a stroll, came back, and found my footage has turned to all red, "MODIFIED FILE" message. This issue only happened with one piece, out of many, of my source media.

My solution: Open up the affected Event folder in the Final Cut Events folder, go to Transcoded Media>High Quality Media, find the file, which was an 11 gig video of all red, "MODIFIED FILE" message, and move it to the trash. Returned to FCPX and looked at my project: everything was back to normal. Somehow, FCPX had "rendered" this source file into a high quality, transcoded piece of media that was worthless.

I still don't know why it happened in the first place, but I have now replicated the problem 3 times under similar circumstances.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Tangier Clarke
Re: Creating multicam clips created modified file alert.
on Nov 19, 2013 at 12:59:09 am

Just thought I'd post another anomaly. Only the first clip from camera A and camera B (an AF100 and GH1) had this problem. FCP X did not have this issue with the rest of the clips on the same reels from each camera.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Nov 19, 2013 at 2:16:25 am

If you haven't already, post some detailed feedback for Apple. ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Nov 19, 2013 at 4:55:20 am
Last Edited By David Powell on Nov 19, 2013 at 5:13:27 am

I'm having a similar problem where everything in the C100 angle is just black and offline. When I reimport the footage, it works fine and then clips randomly go offline for no reason. These are from files that were transcoded to Prores LT. I was hoping your solution would work, but there were no transcoded clips in the event folder. Had to port the whole project to FCP 7 to finish.

Oddly enough, all the pointers in my "Original Media" folders work fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]