FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to get rid of mobile phone "dit dit dit" in audio on FCPx

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anita sancha
how to get rid of mobile phone "dit dit dit" in audio on FCPx
on Nov 18, 2013 at 5:32:16 pm

Hi...

I can't get rid of a clip I need ....I have to keep it !!!. unfortunately someones mobile is doing the di di da da ( not ringing ) but the searching sound, but its along with someone talking.. is there any way to filter it out? I also have Logic X and 9 .... Is this possible ???? I tried cutting some of the bleeps out, but not all........ OR will I have to live with it? Luckily its a comedy !!!

Thanks for all your help
Anita Sancha.

http://www.anitasancha.co.uk

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
Re: how to get rid of mobile phone "dit dit dit" in audio on FCPx
on Nov 18, 2013 at 6:47:26 pm

Did you try to do it subframe, or did you go frame by frame? I've been able to clean quite a few clicks and beeps with Xs subframe handling, If you need more precision Logic is the next option. I have more experience using ProTools on a basic level, working subframe there is of course much smoother than FCPX, and you do have many more tools you can fiddle with. Depending on how much of that cell phone noise you have, you're probably going to have to live with some of it, or do some dialogue replacement by looking for the same words in other parts of the speech.

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 18, 2013 at 7:23:37 pm

It's hard work, but you can also try to figure out the frequency of the tones - and use a Notch Filter to kill just that specific frequency. IF it works, it will solve a lot of your problem.

The good news is that they're probably very stable fixed frequency tones. The bad news is that sometimes, automated systems use combinations of tones rather than fixed ones - so a single notch filter might not do the trick.

Finally, the critical point is whether the frequency of the tones is at or near either the primary or the overtones of the speech you need to preserve. If they overlap, notching one, will definitely affect the other.

Good luck.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

anita sancha
on Nov 18, 2013 at 9:16:18 pm

Thanks guys....

at least I know what i need to look for...also I can do some dubbing so it may not be too bad when I look into it further .....

Thanks for all your help
Anita Sancha.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Nov 18, 2013 at 9:16:25 pm

Checkout iZotope RX3. It's not cheap, but it's one of the best noise reduction apps.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Dave Gage
on Nov 18, 2013 at 11:02:09 pm

Anita,

[John Fishback] "Checkout iZotope RX3. It's not cheap, but it's one of the best noise reduction apps."

I agree completely with both of John's comments. Not cheap, but it does exactly what you want. Check out some of their demo videos from their website.

Dave

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Nov 19, 2013 at 1:07:01 am

You might want to give Adobe Audition a try ... they have their advanced spectral noise reduction tools, perhaps not as good as iZotopeRx, but not bad ... the "Learn Sound Model" feature might make life easier for you, and for the price of a throwaway email address* you can grab a free trial which should last plenty long enough to get the job done.

I just dug out this tutorial from the inter webs
http://www.streamingmedia.com/Producer/Articles/Editorial/Featured-Articles...

*Note, a regular email address would work too but their record on data security was a more than a bit dented recently.

Hope it helps
Andy

Return to posts index

anita sancha
on Nov 19, 2013 at 9:46:05 am

Hi... I have got adobe audition so I will try it Thanks... Never thought to use it !!!

Thanks for all your help
Anita Sancha.

Return to posts index

Peter Martel
on May 16, 2016 at 5:44:17 pm

Yes, years later, these answers are still good I think. And Audition seems to be the affordable solution that works quite well for most things. I wish Apple would buy Adobe and merge the best of both, or rather add Adobe's feature set as Adobe has pretty much copied Apple's in Logic and FCP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]