FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Cannot share project due to missing camera files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jennifer Orr
FCPX Cannot share project due to missing camera files
on Nov 17, 2013 at 1:37:13 am

Hello,

My project is ready to export/share but I cannot resolve the error message that says I cannot share because I'm still "referencing media on the camera", but I'm not.

I imported media from folders on a disc. And, have done this many times before without issue. I did not rename or move the files on the hard drive.

When I open FCP, I have to re-import some of the media for the project into the referenced event. (GoPro and Canon 7D files only). I do this, and the yellow triangle goes away, and all media is online. However, upon re-opening the software, I have to do this again. This keeps happening.

I have tried relinking to the files and the database cannot find them in the media folders.

I did have one session recently where the MacPro kept crashing, and the program has been working noticeably slower since the day of crashes.

I would very much appreciate help resolving this.

Thanks to the community!

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
Re: FCPX Cannot share project due to missing camera files
on Nov 22, 2013 at 11:10:58 pm

Do a search for the media on the finder level and find out where the files reside on your system and in what form.

"I imported media from folders on a disc."

Is the disc still mounted?

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Jennifer Orr
on Nov 23, 2013 at 4:00:21 pm

For some reason, FCP was not recognizing the media on the drive. It renames the clips upon importing them as the date/time the clip was created.

Anyway, Apple Tech suggested I connect the original cards from the camera. Fortunately, I had not reformatted them! I imported one card, and it fixed the missing camera file issue. What's interesting to note is that it not only referenced to those clips on that card but also with the clips from all other cards, which makes me believe that the software had a glitch in its database.

I hope this post will help any others having this issue.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Nov 23, 2013 at 9:15:47 pm

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4478954

Tom Wolsky is a FC guru.

If you are right however and it's a corrupted database this tutorial will show you how to repair it (maybe):

http://www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/tutorials/812-fixing-corrupt-event-database...

What I do is create a folder and name it and copy my entire P2 card folders to this folder on the finder level. Then I have FC import from this folder, not the card. Now I have the original files and the FC files and can back up either or both if the project is important.

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Camcorders: Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV30/40, Sony Z7U, VX2000, PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Jennifer Orr
on Nov 23, 2013 at 9:34:20 pm

"What I do is create a folder and name it and copy my entire P2 card folders to this folder on the finder level. Then I have FC import from this folder, not the card. Now I have the original files and the FC files and can back up either or both if the project is important."

This is exactly what I do and have been doing without issue until this project. Upon import, FC renames the files, which I believe is why I could not fix this problem relinking to the media…FC couldn't find the original files b/c it had renamed them.

Apple suggested a new workflow. (to archive) I'll check out the article about fixing a corrupt database.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Nov 24, 2013 at 4:12:44 pm

I don't know. I just checked a project I have that still works including "share" options and the original media in the event folder shows renamed clips using dates and I don't see the difference.

Not sure I get the difference or advantages of archiving vs just coping the camcorder files to the finder. Think I'll start a new post for that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]