FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam Audio Angle Splicing Bug?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Angelo
Multicam Audio Angle Splicing Bug?
on Nov 16, 2013 at 7:49:15 pm

I've been combining multiple multicam clips into one to deal with the fact that FCPX can't auto sync too many clips at once, breaking up the syncing job into parts is often easier, and so on. I have come up with a decent technique to edit multiple angles from one muticam clip to another:

1- Splice all the angles with in source multicam clip that I desire to move to destination multicam clip
2- Drop all the spliced angles onto one angle at splice points shortening the clips as needed using splice points to keep sync
3- Copy the shots that are now all on one angle
4- Paste into a new angle on the destination multicam clip
5- Sync this new angle with the rest of the destination multcam clip
6- Expand and move the new clips to other angles as needed on the destination multicam clip

This was from an earlier thread and the best technique I've found so far to combine Multicam clips: http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/344/24083

My challenge now is how on earth can I accurately splice video angles with audio only angles with in a multicam clip? I think there is some type of sub frame issue that makes it inaccurate. I've use these techniques:

- BLADE TOOL: Keeping snap on, skim off, cuing to desired cut point, clicking at desired cut point on all angles. Audio only angle splices are almost always off (no blade isn't turning red) , I can tell when I zoom in to check splices.

- SPLICE COMMAND: Keeping snap on, skim off, cuing to desired cut point, choosing desired angle via angle selection icon, making the Command-B keys stroke, repeating for other angles and never moving the playhead! Audio only angle splices are almost always off when I zoom in to check them.

Is this just some kind of bug or am I doing something wrong? Is there some way to turn off subframe editing? Feel like I'm missing something here, shouldn't be so difficult to make accurate splices accross multiple angles... Of course sub frames aren't the end of the world but because I'm moving them around the inaccuracy will begin to compound and the sync could be off a couple frames.

Something to chew to be sureā€¦ Guess that's why it's called Creative Cow ;)

MA

"A life without cause is a life without effect." -Dildano

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]