FORUMS: list search recent posts

Annoying import issues!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kev Craven
Annoying import issues!
on Nov 15, 2013 at 9:33:12 pm

I have a Pro res 422 LT 1920x1080 file 25fps 48khz made in FCP7.

Every time I import it (trying various different import options) the audio ends up either out of sync, or the whole video gets slightly slowed down. When played in the timeline in gets choppy and gradually slows down to a halt.

If FCP 7 ever did that I would change the RT settings. But that was only ever when there was a lot going on. I'm talking about 1 video in the timeline. Is there an equivalent setting in FCPX?

Anyone else had these issues? Very frustrating indeed!

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Annoying import issues!
on Nov 15, 2013 at 9:41:38 pm

Make sure the project properties match those of the clip. Also, there's a setting in Prefs > Playback > Playback Quality s/b set to Better Performance.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Kev Craven
on Nov 15, 2013 at 9:50:20 pm

Thanks, the properties do match the clip which is why I'm a bit baffled. But I will have a go with the lower playback quality.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Nov 15, 2013 at 10:37:42 pm

Kev,

In my experience, this is often when the video clip has audio at an unusual frame rate. You might drop your source clip on MediaInfo and see if the underlying audio is sampling at 48khz.

In FCP-Legacy, the software was coded with kinda low precision calculations in mind. In X, the underlying move away from Quicktime to AV Foundaind and Core Video - coupled with whole system being re-coded to be fundamentally resolution independent so it can handle so many types of media streams from above 4k down to iPhone rez, often means that dropping a thing with one timekeeping system into another - results in LOTS of precision calculation to be triggered under the hood.

X will typically re-calculate if you transcode inside X. But until the program makes the newly calculated files - it can appear that things are way out of sync when it operates just on it's initial "get playback going for the user fast!) mode.

So check the originals. If you bring something that X doesn't expect into a timeline - let it render out to see if you still have an issue of if X has auto-corrected it after it's processing.

My 2 cents, anyway.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

james Lackleter
on Nov 16, 2013 at 1:25:40 am

Yes it's probably one of the clips playing at a different frame rate. Sometimes gens and transitions will also cause problems so delete those and try.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]