FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP X: Transcoding Confusion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Gifford
FCP X: Transcoding Confusion
on Nov 15, 2013 at 9:37:39 am

Have searched high and low for what should be a simple answer so please forgive me if this has been asked elsewhere. I have imported footage from my 1D iv and 7D shot in 1080p HD into FCP X and ticked the optimise media box but the inspector info tab shows the imported media to be h.264 not ProRes and there is no '1080p HD' indicated at the top right of the box. My old footage from FCP 7 (imported using 7toX) does have the ProRes Codec and displays 1080p HD in the Info Inspector tab. I checked the Playback Preferences and ensured High Quality was ticked, then tested if I imported a clip and optimised it afterwards and there was no change to the Inspector tab Codec so am I right in assuming the Inspector only refers to the original footage, not what FCP X is using. And if that is the case why does it not recognise the clips are shot in HD ?

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: FCP X: Transcoding Confusion
on Nov 15, 2013 at 5:01:05 pm

It does refer to the original footage. Why it doesn't say HD I don't know. What resolution does it say it is? You can always reveal in finder to see the file.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]