FORUMS: list search recent posts

shift+cmd+F

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bret Williams
shift+cmd+F
on Nov 13, 2013 at 8:41:27 pm

Know what'd be great? If the timeline didn't start playing when you pressed shift+cmd+F. It would really be a nice mode to layout graphics vey precisely. But it's hard to be precise when the app starts playing the timeline and you lose your spot.

It'd also be great if you could simply click on another layer and begin cropping or transforming it, without having to leave the crop tool, select the other layer, and reenter the crop tool.

And on that note, I'd like to thank Apple for renaming crop, trim. And for renaming scale, crop.

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
Re: shift+cmd+F
on Nov 13, 2013 at 9:22:57 pm

[Bret Williams] "Know what'd be great? If the timeline didn't start playing when you pressed shift+cmd+F. "

Absolutely,

A really annoying "feature".

Simon Ubsdell
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Nov 13, 2013 at 10:11:46 pm

[Bret Williams] "It'd also be great if you could simply click on another layer and begin cropping or transforming it, without having to leave the crop tool, select the other layer, and reenter the crop tool."

You can. I just did it. Shift-C to go into crop mode and it stays in crop mode until you click on "done" in the upper right hand corner of the viewer.

anickt

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Nov 13, 2013 at 10:16:05 pm

Easier than clicking done, just press A to go back to the arrow tool. But I swear it doesn't always work that way. Many times I've had it stick on the same clip. You're cropping clip A, then you click on clip B in the sequence and it keeps cropping A.

But of course it's working right now.

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Nov 13, 2013 at 10:14:54 pm

[Bret Williams] "It'd also be great if you could simply click on another layer and begin cropping or transforming it, without having to leave the crop tool, select the other layer, and reenter the crop tool."

You can. I just did it. Shift-C to go into crop mode and it stays in crop mode until you click on "done" in the upper right hand corner of the viewer.

Also, if you hit shift+cmd+f and then immediately hit the space bar it does not play. You can use the arrow keys to tweak what frame you're on.

anickt

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Nov 13, 2013 at 10:41:54 pm

[Nick Toth] "Also, if you hit shift+cmd+f and then immediately hit the space bar it does not play. You can use the arrow keys to tweak what frame you're on."

Can't get that to work. I can press sift cmd f space as fast as I can and it still plays a second or two.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Nov 13, 2013 at 10:43:35 pm

Have you seen the tilde function on Premiere? I want that. Whatever window you're in goes full screen. Press it again and it goes back.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Nov 15, 2013 at 12:17:24 am

Let me add to that. I'd like the full screen feature to have some edit functions like IN and OUT and Favorite. Sometimes, especially if working off a laptop or smaller single monitor (like my sad computer), it'd be nice to review footage in full screen mode and mark INs, OUTs, favorites or even just cycle between clips. Instead I can't do any of those things.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

James Copson
on Feb 20, 2015 at 10:11:59 am

Does anyone else every find that the CMD+SHIFT+F function doesn't work sometimes? It's like a glitch... I have to either relaunch FCPX or go to view mode and choose full screen. It's so frustrating.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]