FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam, match frame and favorites

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome Heiderscheidt
Multicam, match frame and favorites
on Nov 8, 2013 at 1:41:56 pm

Hello all,

Match framing with multiclips seems to me like a big hassle in FCPX.

I edit a lot of multicam live performances. What I usually do is send my client a video of the whole performance with all cameras angles scaled down and displayed all together. The client then sends me feedback of their preferred passages, angles etc.

So it's essential for me to be able to mark individual camera angles as favourites, not just whole multicam passages, to be able to build an edit based on those favorite shots.

And since match framing will only match-frame to a multiclip , and not match frame back to an individual angle, I've been using the angle editor for selecting and favouriting clips based on my clients' notes. But then again I run into a problem : matchframing when selecting an angle only seems to select the clip in the viewer, but doesn't jump to the right frame ! The workaround I've found is to first blade the clip at the point I want to match frame, then match frame. That kind of works. But what a hassle ! I also end up with an angle editor full of through edits.

I wish I could just matchframe a multiclip to the original camera angle by pressing match frame twice or something. Also I wish I could favorite clips in the timeline. Just why is that not possible ?

I'm trying to be open-minded and think "maybe I should do it completely differntly in FCPX" but I can't think of another method. Does any one have a better method for this workflow ?

Jerome Heiderscheidt
http://www.studio-ubik.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Multicam, match frame and favorites
on Nov 8, 2013 at 6:26:40 pm

This is a long standing complaint of mulitcam. I hope this gets addressed in December, please send your feedback, Jerome.

[Andy Branner] "You get simply select and DELETE them."

You can do this on multiclips, but you cannot so this on clips in the angle editor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]