FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create .SRT file?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben DuBois
How to create .SRT file?
on Nov 1, 2013 at 1:27:56 am

Hi, I just completed a video in FCP X for someone and I am being asked to also provide the SRT file. Can someone tell me - in layman's terms - how to create that file? Is there an app I need to do that? Is the .srt file a text file that captures the dialog/audio from the video? I have been researching this and apparently not researching correctly. Thanks in advance for help.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: How to create .SRT file?
on Nov 1, 2013 at 3:22:07 pm

MacCaption (now a part of Telestream) can export an SRT files from the Closed Captioning.

http://www.telestream.net/captioning/overview.htm

It might be best to get your program sent out if you are unfamiliar with the process or don't need captioning all the time. MacCaption is awesome, but it's purpose built, relatively expensive software.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Nov 1, 2013 at 4:45:22 pm

scribie.com (freakin' awesome)f charges 1.50/recorded min for transcription services, and for an extra $1 / min they'll create .sbv caption files (youtube format). There are numerous free translation sites that will let you dump in sbv and spit out srt. So if you had a 20min video, the srt file would cost you $50. Plus you have a transcript and someone else did all the typing! I honestly don't know how they stay in business.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Nov 1, 2013 at 4:49:00 pm

I think I used this converter - http://www.3playmedia.com/services-features/tools/captions-format-converter...

It looks like the above company does the same stuff as scribe.com but I don't know anything about their pricing.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 1, 2013 at 4:49:40 pm

Great tip, Bret!

Return to posts index

Alex Liu
on Aug 24, 2014 at 4:12:49 am

Try SRT Edit Pro on Mac App Store. It's a good tool to create or edit SRT files with audio wavefrom enabling accurate timecode adjustment.

Work on iMac

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]