FORUMS: list search recent posts

comminting an edit...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Osmani Tellez
comminting an edit...
on Oct 31, 2013 at 4:04:28 pm

Hi.

in FCPX..i edited a multicam clip....is there a way to commit to the edit so i won't be a multi cam clip reference anymore? you know what i mean? i want to commit to clip and make it a regular clip..no a multi cam anymore ...

thanks?

FCPX 10.7, Motion 5. Canon 5D mark II, T2i, T3i.

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
Re: comminting an edit...
on Oct 31, 2013 at 7:44:55 pm

Why would you need to do that? (I was just asked this by someone and I didn't have a good answer.)

It does bug me that you can't do that.

Return to posts index

Jacob Brown
on Oct 31, 2013 at 7:54:53 pm

you can also round trip it through davinci resolve and end up with a simple timeline when you reimport the fcpxml

actually, i wonder --- can you export your XML from FCPX, and then just reimport it. Would that then flatten the multicam?

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
on Oct 31, 2013 at 9:39:10 pm

[Jacob Brown] "i wonder --- can you export your XML from FCPX, and then just reimport it. Would that then flatten the multicam?"

I just did a test in Resolve 10 beta 3, and it does work, just not with multicam clips with pluraleyes synctemp files as I can't get Resolve 10 to see them. I need to play around with it further.

The good news is that it does strip the multicam out if all your sound is working and it does come back just fine.

Return to posts index

Jacob Brown
on Oct 31, 2013 at 9:43:44 pm

yeah i havent used that trick in 10. only resolve 9. i also wasnt using plural eyes

Return to posts index

Osmani Tellez
on Nov 1, 2013 at 12:43:45 am

that's good to know..

doesn't this option creates some new files and a new event? i really don't like when back from Resolve that clips duplicate and new events is created...

is better than nothing..thou.

thanks a lot for this..

is there a list of what does go thru to Resolve 10? i think spacial conform doesn't...will be nice to have a list of everything that works and that doesn't.

just checking...
i will have to do many tests to find out...

thanks.

FCPX 10.7, Motion 5. Canon 5D mark II, T2i, T3i.

Return to posts index

Darren Roark
on Nov 3, 2013 at 12:37:37 am

Yes it does, but if you change your preferences in FCP X, uncheck "add media to event folder" or whatever it's called, then merge the events. You will have your new timelines and it will eliminate all the doubling up. (Make sure you back up your event currentversion.fcpevent files first)

Then change the preferences back to whatever you want. I have a feeling this isn't going to be the case for long when the new version comes out judging from how iMovie does everything.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]