FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there a way to make effects track with Stabilize?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Trubac
Is there a way to make effects track with Stabilize?
on Oct 30, 2013 at 5:48:30 pm

I am working on a multicam clip. One of the cameras has a dead pixel, and also needs to be stabilized. I have DH Reincarnation which usually works well for repairing a dead pixel. From the stack of "effects > color > transform > .... > stabilize" it seems that an effect like DH Reincarnation would be applied before the clip is transformed/rotated/scaled for stabilize.. but effects and color adjustments will not move with stabilize. It seems stabilize is actually done first.. although it is listed near the bottom of the video processing stack. The transform controls will move effects and color adjustments with the rest of the clip like I am hoping stabilize would do in this instance.. ;) most instances I think you would want it to work the way it seems to be working.

I would compound clip my shot and apply DH Reincarnation in the compound and then stabilize on the compound, but you cannot stabilize a compound clip.

I could apply DH Reincarnation, export, import, replace and then stabilize. That is a lot of extra work though, and is an extra render generation... but probably my only option

I'm thinking if I get Lock and Load X and apply it after DH Reincarnation I will get what I want. Any other ideas?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Is there a way to make effects track with Stabilize?
on Oct 31, 2013 at 3:21:46 am

[Matt Trubac] " Any other ideas?"

You have all good ideas. Another might be SliceX after you stabilize, but that might be messy.

lock and load does work on compounds.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]