FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remove referenced event from project

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Bowman
Remove referenced event from project
on Oct 29, 2013 at 2:42:13 pm

Sometimes an event is connected to a project by mistake. Currently I have 2 events referenced by a project. One of the events is now done with and I want to delete it, but it won't allow me because it is mistakenly referenced in another Event's project.

in the modify event references all I can do is swap the order of the two and in the spanner of that section all i can do is change the main event.

How can I just unreference the event in the project so I can delete the event without having to be done with the Event that is accidently referenced?

Cheers

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Remove referenced event from project
on Oct 29, 2013 at 3:27:34 pm

Event Manager X allows you to select which events are opened by FCPX. A terrifically useful program.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Julian Bowman
on Oct 29, 2013 at 3:28:44 pm

Thanks. I know. I own it. but not really an answer to the issue at hand, sorry.

Return to posts index

Nick Toth
on Oct 29, 2013 at 4:25:16 pm

John is correct if I understand the issue correctly. Take everything offline with Event Manager X except the event you want to delete. Open FCP X and delete the event. First I would be certain that there is no media in the unwanted event that is being used in the second project.

anickt

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
Re: move referenced event from project
on Oct 29, 2013 at 4:50:04 pm

I don't think you can delete an event if only one is online, you would need to leave another one online or create a new event before deleting it.

"Always look on the bright side of life" - Monty Python

Return to posts index

Julian Bowman
on Oct 29, 2013 at 4:53:52 pm

I did actually consider this but then I thought "will the fact I have deleted one of the referenced events screw up my open project?" and decided to see if there was a more sensible way built in to simply un-reference an event.

It isn't a huge deal as I can simply wait until this job is done and delete them together, but it is a bit frustrating not being able to simply un-reference an event from a project.

Thanks though.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Oct 29, 2013 at 4:59:57 pm

Event Mgr X allows you to select both Events and Projects to be opened (or not). If you turned off the Event you don't want, but kept both projects open you could see if both projects had all media connected. If so, you could probably delete the Event. But, of course, back it up before deleting.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Julian Bowman
on Oct 29, 2013 at 5:02:36 pm

Cheers John, but i'll wait. I have the ability to c*** things up and waiting is fine... and in fact preferable to messing things up. As I said before, mainly wanted to know if I could just un-reference it. As i can't I simply have to pay more attention when setting things up so I don't get myself into this position :)

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 29, 2013 at 6:16:21 pm

Just take it offline with event manager and see if anything is missing in the project. How many files does it say it's referencing?

Return to posts index

Nikolas Bäurle
on Oct 29, 2013 at 5:05:57 pm

If you have the same clips in more than one event you simply need to change the order in the event list. whatever event FC doesn't need it will remove from the list in the inspector. if you delete an event and realize that you are missing a certain file in your "master" event, you can simply import it and FC will connect it to the project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]