FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble optimizing multicam clip in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean OBrian
Trouble optimizing multicam clip in FCPX
on Oct 25, 2013 at 3:48:59 pm

*Apologize in advance if any of this sounds novice, as I am still somewhat new to editing*

Background: I am working on a project that someone else filmed. They did a two camera set up with external audio for an interview that is about an hour long. I synced the files up in FCPX and created a multicam clip. However, at the time the external HD they sent me was maxed out on space and FCPX couldn't optimize the multicam clip. So I closed FCPX out and cleaned up the HD so I had about 200GB of free space. I restarted FCPX, selected the file, and went to optimize it without an error message from FCPX.

However since then, it keeps repeating the transcoding. It has been about an hour and it keeps running through 100% of the transcoding, and then restarts the process. It looks like it is working, because the HD is slowly filling up, but is this an issue that it keeps repeating the process? I don't want to cancel the transcoding if it still needs to run through, but I would like to start editing the file.

I know that the optimization of such a large mc file is going to use up a lot of space, but seems weird that it keeps repeating the process.

Thanks and sorry if this is a stupid question!

Return to posts index

Loren Risker
Re: Trouble optimizing multicam clip in FCPX
on Oct 28, 2013 at 8:04:54 pm

Sounds like odd behavior. I'd trash the optimized media folder and the renders if you can afford the time to re-encode and re-render. That cleans up a lot of problems for me.

-------------
OutOfFocus.TV - Original series, music videos, mini-docs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]