FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCPX Jumping to random clip when I Mark In?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Merkes
FCPX Jumping to random clip when I Mark In?
on Oct 21, 2013 at 7:45:43 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else is having this issue with FCPX.

I have keyworded subclips from master clips. When I view the keyworded clip and try and mark in to change the "In" point (by hitting "I") - FCPX jumps to an entirely different clip? The only way I can mark-in is to find the original clip and mark an In point there. Seems to defeat the purpose of Keywording?

I would kill for some Bins. . .

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg Merkes
Salty Dog Films

Its easier to ask for forgiveness. . .

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
Re: FCPX Jumping to random clip when I Mark In?
on Oct 21, 2013 at 7:51:14 pm

[Greg Merkes] "I have keyworded subclips from master clips. When I view the keyworded clip and try and mark in to change the "In" point (by hitting "I") - FCPX jumps to an entirely different clip? The only way I can mark-in is to find the original clip and mark an In point there. Seems to defeat the purpose of Keywording? "

It's a bug. In list view, it jumps to the first range from whatever clip the range you selected is on... the workaround is to switch out of list view to filmstrip view. Alternately, if you just select the keyworded range, and then click on whatever Event/Keyword collection hold the master clip, the range will be selected there and you can work from that. I hope it will get fixed soon...

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

Greg Merkes
on Oct 21, 2013 at 7:59:13 pm

Thanks Charlie,

I am having trouble embracing FCPX. Marking an "In" point is kinda important.

Seems that FCPX should think about fixing it.

Thanks again for this info. I am just curious, does this happen to everyone running FCPX? Or is it just a select few lucky guys like me?

Its great to be lucky. . .

Greg Merkes
Salty Dog Films

Its easier to ask for forgiveness. . .

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Oct 21, 2013 at 8:05:48 pm

[Greg Merkes] "Thanks again for this info. I am just curious, does this happen to everyone running FCPX? Or is it just a select few lucky guys like me?"

It seems kind of random to be honest. It'll get fixed. :-)

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Oct 21, 2013 at 9:26:35 pm

It's also workflow centric.

I don't do my range selection and keywording work in the database view - I think filmstrip view is much easier since I make it part of my initial Reject pass to narrow my focus to content I think may have value.

Reject first. Keyword and Favorite rhe remainder. Collapsing into database view with all the numerical data displayed seems a terrible waste of screen space when what i want to do is select and judge footage.

But that's just me.

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Oct 21, 2013 at 9:42:59 pm

[Bill Davis] "It's also workflow centric"

Workflow is one thing, and to each their own right? This problem, however, is a bug. X does have some of those ya know... ;-)

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Oct 22, 2013 at 12:45:23 am

No dude, Every OTHER baby on the planet may be flawed.

But I knew from the instant I laid eyes on it - that MY baby is totally and completely perfecter than any other baby that's ever been!!!!

: )

Know someone who teaches video editing in elementary school, high school or college? Tell them to check out http://www.StartEditingNow.com - video editing curriculum complete with licensed practice content.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]