FORUMS: list search recent posts

A Bug?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Ewart
A Bug?
on Oct 18, 2013 at 2:18:34 pm

I have a bunch of keyframes in a 30 second clip in the primary storyline. If I disable "v" a connected clip, whether audio or video these keyframes get completely f&*cked up. Only way out is Apple Z. But it's especially annoying as I wanted to try a different audio track so disabled existing music so as to be able to hear it and the crop move I have applied became very weird and not at al what I had applied. Or if I want to see it through without some titles.
Has anybody else experienced anything like this or have I done something stupid?

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
Re: A Bug?
on Oct 18, 2013 at 3:49:24 pm

Based on what you've said, it definitely sounds like a bug. Disabling one clip should not have any affect on another clip. Can you reproduce 100 percent of the time? Can you reproduce in another project? Make sure to fill out a bug report (via feedback menu).

Have you tried the solo shortcut instead of using disable? It might work around the bug.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Oct 18, 2013 at 4:21:22 pm

If I move the connected clip and then reenable it before dragging back onto its previous place on primary storyline then it's all okay.

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Oct 18, 2013 at 5:07:04 pm

What about using the solo shortcut? I would hate to have to move a clip and drag it back, particularly if it wasn't in a snappable spot.

Andy

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Oct 18, 2013 at 5:14:36 pm

Solo no use as I have five layers and wish to disable just one. I want to see four of the five play with just one disabled. All are connected to still image in primary storyline which has keyframes (Rostrum style moves).

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 18, 2013 at 8:31:53 pm

Try trashing render files.

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Oct 19, 2013 at 1:33:17 am

Thanks done that...makes no difference.

Has anybody had the time to try the workflow as a test?

http://www.jamesewart.co.uk

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Oct 18, 2013 at 11:20:43 pm

You can select multiple clips and solo all of them.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz, 16 GB RAM, OS 10.8.4, QT10.1, Kona 3, Dual Cinema 23, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)
FCP-X 10.0.9, Motion 5.0.7, Compressor 4.0.7

Pro Tools HD 10 w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec DSP Monitors, Prima CDQ120 ISDN

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
on Oct 19, 2013 at 8:59:01 am

I have tried to reproduce this.

Here you have a clip on the Primary with some Transform and Crop (Trim) keyframes as well as some audio keyframes applied to it, and a connected clip above the Primary:

When I disable (V) the connected clip all keyframes in the clip on the Primary stay intact:

When I enable the connected clip again all keyframes in the Primary clip are still intact.

Of course your setup may be totally different, but this little test seems to work. If you would like me to do some other tests, no problem.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Oct 19, 2013 at 10:36:19 am

Hi

Here you have my project in three stages. As it is. Audio disabled (immediate confusion) and audio reenabled but it could be any connected clip not just audio.

See audio disabled then enabled and what happens to image on primary storyline.

The move I have key-framed is a simple pull back from big close up to wide and the mage you see is not my initial close up which is head and shoulders and then pulls back to the full frame. just two keyframes actually first and last. I have also resized the mage slightly to make it about 10 % bigger to fit the frame.

Weirdness no?

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Oct 19, 2013 at 10:47:45 am

By the way I have already trashed the preferences with Preference Manager and no cigar.

Running on an iMac 10.8.5 with only 8GB RAM but never had problems to date. Using Lacie Firewire 800 rugged drive.

Project is 720P with pro Res 422 render settings.

Bit of a mystery.

Return to posts index

Charlie Austin
on Oct 19, 2013 at 4:07:29 pm

Shot in the dark... might it have something to do with the text layer acting as an adjustment layer? If you delete the title, does the same thing happen?

-------------------------------------------------------------

~"It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools."~
~"The function you just attempted is not yet implemented"~

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Oct 19, 2013 at 4:28:37 pm

Thanks nice try - makes no difference.

Having repeatedly trashed preferences and then trashed and reinstalled software (mid project...gulp) I have found a workaround.

If I lift the still image jpeg from the primary storyline the problem does not occur.

So can anybody explain that? It does not like still images on the primary storyline? Why I wonder?

Thanks all

James

Return to posts index

Andy Neil
on Oct 19, 2013 at 4:38:47 pm

What's the format of the still? I wonder if its not really compatible but FCPX is trying to use it. CMYK or something?

Also, Have you tried replacing the still with another shot and seeing if the same bug persists? And in your pics you didn't show the video animation keyframes. Do you see the phyiscal keyframes moving/changing position when you go through the steps?

Andy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 19, 2013 at 4:41:39 pm

What's the spatial conform set to?

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Oct 19, 2013 at 5:19:27 pm

I have no idea what spatial conform does I am afraid to say. Checked inspector and it's set to "fit"

It's just a standard jpeg... should be okay no?

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Oct 19, 2013 at 5:26:26 pm

Upon further investigation: With the still image (Jpeg) in Primary storyline selecting "fill" in spatial conform just zooms the image in a bit but by selecting "none" it replicates 100 % what happens when I disable and re-enable a connected clip.

Does that give any clues?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 20, 2013 at 3:35:51 pm

With the clip disabled, if you change it to "fit" what happens?

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Oct 19, 2013 at 5:59:50 pm

Have you tried this with a still image on primary storyline?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]