FORUMS: list search recent posts

Spot of bother trimming and cropping in window

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Ewart
Spot of bother trimming and cropping in window
on Oct 17, 2013 at 3:48:08 pm

Sometimes when I am adjusting titles over artwork and I want to change how I've cropped it it seems to lock and not let me adjust things any more. Especially if I am trying to undo something I dod before like I may have trimmed too tight a box for the text and then added text so need yo give it a little more space. For example I currently have four layers of text and logos on and end board. If you look at this timeline and see the edging it won't let me grab those edges and move them...seems to be locked...almost like some kind of snapping which I cannot untoggle. Any thoughts anybody?

http://www.jamesewart.co.uk

Return to posts index

Ronny Courtens
Re: Spot of bother trimming and cropping in window
on Oct 17, 2013 at 4:57:32 pm

Hi James,

The screenshot shows you work in Trim mode. If you are having difficulty moving one of the edges of the trim overlay, hold down the CMD key while dragging the edges.

If you want a more precise control of the trimming action do your trimming in the Inspector by dragging on the Left, Right, Top or Bottom px numbers while holding the Option key.

P.S. if the object you trim is really small it also helps to zoom in on the Viewer to get better control.

- Ronny

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Oct 17, 2013 at 6:15:35 pm

Thanks the CMD key does not seem to make much difference when I am dragging in the window and for sure in the Inspector it works although holding the option key makes no difference...assuming it should auto adjust the other "sides" at the same time with the key held down.

I think it also may be caused by me having already cropped the text box and then trimmed.

What I love about the FCPX interface is being able to do it all in the Canvas (or whatever it's called now).

I suspect I may not have enough RAM on my iMac and it is struggling to handle it.

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Oct 18, 2013 at 10:54:05 am

It's happened again in Transform mode. Made it bigger then want to make it smaller again and it locks...yellow cross appears but can't move the corners... or select the box and move it must be something I am doing wrong?

Return to posts index

James Ewart
on Oct 18, 2013 at 4:23:44 pm

Incidentally I am having trouble changing text of titles in viewer/canvas window as well...not problem in the Inspector but once created and rendered not top of other clips it won't let me change or select the text in the Canvas.

One day I am sailing along...the next I am fighting it.

I love the feature of changing stuff in the canvas in real time. But only when it works which seems inconsistent.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]