FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D editing in FCPX

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fabrizio D'Agnano
3D editing in FCPX
on Oct 16, 2013 at 5:34:02 pm

Hello.
A client is asking me for a 3D documentary. I never edited 3D material so far, but I am writing down an offer. Since it will be mostly underwater scenes, I think I'll buy a couple of Sony HDR-TD30VE, that'll be quite easy to build a custom housing for. The cuts will be quite basic, documentary style. I know I'll need a plug in for editing 3d in FCPX, so I'd like to know if somebody already experienced the Stereo3D Toolbox LE, and if is adequate for the task. The camcorder shoots 3D natively, so I think I should not get issues with misalignments or non proper matching of left and right. By the way, since I'm writing down the offer in a hurry, what would be the best delivery format?
thank you in advance.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy
early 2008 MacPro, BM Intensity Pro, early 2008 iMac, 2011 MacBook Pro, FCP7, FCPX, OSX 10.8.3

Return to posts index

James Cude
Re: 3D editing in FCPX
on Oct 16, 2013 at 9:47:03 pm

Is the client aware that 3D as a format is fast falling out of fashion for all but the largest Hollywood and animated releases? That said- the Dashwood plugin is all you need, it works as advertised:

http://www.dashwood3d.com/stereo3dtoolbox.php

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Oct 17, 2013 at 1:38:39 am

[James Cude] "Is the client aware that 3D as a format is fast falling out of fashion for all but the largest Hollywood and animated releases"

Not entirely true.
3D is still used extensively for Medicine, Forensics and Scientific applications.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

Follow my blog at http://www.garyadcock.com

Or follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Fabrizio D'Agnano
on Oct 17, 2013 at 6:48:33 am

James, I am no part in the decision process. I told them that 2D would be cheaper and maybe better, but 3D is what they want and want to pay for. That said, since I doubt I'll ever work again in that format, I'd like to keep expenses in dedicated equipment as low as possible, so I was wondering if the LE of the plugin could be adequate, as there's more than 1000,00 $ difference.

Fabrizio D'Agnano
Rome, Italy
early 2008 MacPro, BM Intensity Pro, early 2008 iMac, 2011 MacBook Pro, FCP7, FCPX, OSX 10.8.3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]